Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Exmortis

Old January 6th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
That's weird - I would have assumed that Windows would send us a standard "scroll event" when you do the two-finger drag, but I guess not. I'll put this on our to-do list to look into.
My savior!

Not that it was a big deal, but when I started using my Surface with HL, I really liked the idea of a touch interface, as the pen allows for very precise work. However I quickly purchased an ARC mouse (which may not be the best mouse ever, is certainly the most usable portable mouse ever) and now its a combo of touch and mouse work.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old January 7th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
That's weird - I would have assumed that Windows would send us a standard "scroll event" when you do the two-finger drag, but I guess not. I'll put this on our to-do list to look into.
Well, to be clear, it probably does, however since this is an "onHover" event, on a touch screen you really don't have a mouse "hover" so a touch event triggers the "onHover" event but any other gesture is akin to moving the mouse away, killing the "onhover" event.

Maybe add a right-click event (should be a long press on touch screen) that opens the text in a modal dialog with scroll window. This would also let us highlight and copy the text if needed (on touch or non-touch screens) as a bonus.

Hover tool tips are nice but some of these tool tips are long and have a lot of info to read and deserve something a little more than a tool tip pop-up.

FYI: While you look at this, you could you look into testing for virtual keyboards in text boxes because it's a PITA to constantly click the damage box, click keyboard icon in windows, then press number pad, then enter damage, return... It's not automatic if you don't have a physical keyboard attached (but I know in Java you can test for it and assume you can as well?). Bonus points if you can just pop up a number keypad where needed.

PS if you need a beta tester for Windows + touch events let me know.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #12 Reply With Quote