Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

draco963

Old January 5th, 2020, 05:48 PM
Hello,

I'm making some supernatural abilities that are going to require me to have the base number of charges that the player gets for the abilities to equal 1 rnd/day per class level.

So, the Base Charges field in the [B]SPECIAL/B] tab allows for a number, and then Usage period has rounds/day as an option. All good so far as it goes. But what I need next is for the number in Base Charges to equal a certain class's level on the character.

I presume I'll have to do this with an eval script, by fetching the characters number of class levels, and then making the Base Charges count equal the number. But I'm clueless as to how to achieve that...

Thanks in advance!
draco963 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 6th, 2020, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by draco963 View Post
I presume I'll have to do this with an eval script, by fetching the characters number of class levels, and then making the Base Charges count equal the number. But I'm clueless as to how to achieve that...

Thanks in advance!
Correct!

something like field[hTotal].value = #levelcount[ClassName]

To determine ClassName you'll need to look at the Classes.? tag on the class. Use whatever the ? is.

This is off the top of my head, so let me know if you run into any trouble.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
draco963

Old January 6th, 2020, 03:47 PM
Thank you Sendric!

umm... How do I "look" at the Classes.? tag? Or any other tag? Outside of copying a thing in the editor?
draco963 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 7th, 2020, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by draco963 View Post
Thank you Sendric!

umm... How do I "look" at the Classes.? tag? Or any other tag? Outside of copying a thing in the editor?
In your portfolio, go to the "Develop" menu. Make sure "Enable Data File Debugging" is checked (note: this may require restarting HL if it's not already on). Then go to the sub-menu "Floating Info Windows" all the way at the bottom. Select "Show Selection Tags".

In the new window, type the name of your class in the search window then select the option that includes "cHelp" in the thing id. This will show you all of the tags associated with that thing, including the Classes.? tag.

For most things, like skills, feats, weapons, etc, you can bypass all this and just right-click on the thing in question to see the tags, fields, etc. However, the cHelp.? thing doesn't appear in the portfolio so you have to go through the menu to get this info.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
draco963

Old January 8th, 2020, 06:19 PM
Brilliant! Thank you so much for your help!!
draco963 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote