Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 7th, 2010, 08:50 PM
^_^ Being able to do it off the Tactical Console would be better in many ways, but being able to do it off of the main character view is almost as good. As much as anything it's situations where all six active characters need to make a Notice check, or a Reflex check. Or, based on the Reflex check, all six need to make Toughness saves. Being able to go down the line and right click the Toughness and roll it would be nice.

Under general conditions, an easier way to make someone Flatfooted would be nice too, but I know I'm just being picky now. Alternately, if there were some way of showing Flatfooted Toughness and Defense on the Tactical Console instead of having to drop in the Character Editor? Unless, of course, I'm missing something.
Duggan is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old July 8th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Miracle Girl is set to "Winded" on the in-play tab, which gives you a -1 to strength and dexterity.
(Facepalm) Yes, yes. Thank you. Serves me right for not clearing all those stats at the end of the game last time I played her.

Of course, it was months ago, so of course I had completely forgotten. Thanks guys!

And yes, Colen, some form of 'Reset Status' button would probably save me from this kind of trouble again in the future.

I think putting it on the main tab of the character sheet might work, with a duplicate button on the 'In Play' tab?

Last edited by Shadowchaser; July 8th, 2010 at 06:23 AM.
Shadowchaser is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Send a message via MSN to atlarman Send a message via Yahoo to atlarman

Old July 8th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Ive got a new Bug....this just started happenning HERO LAB is totakky ignoring my configuration settings for M&M.( IE leaving in options from sourcebooks ive chosen to exclude this extends to powers feats and skills as far as i can tell) I I have no clue whats happened but im hoping ya can fix this as im in the middke of making a new hero. ty in advance.
atlarman is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 11th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Can you give me an example? E.g. "The configure hero form says that book X is NOT selected, but power Y from book X still appears in the power list"?
Colen is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old July 12th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Two things, one a possible bug and the other a request.

Possible bug: for the Power "Trip" the software has a PF: Improved Throw that seems to be a close match to UP, page 93's PF: Improved Trip. Did I miss an errata where UP's PF: Improved Trip was changed to PF: Improved Throw? Also, both the software and UP say the target uses the worse of the two possible Abilities during the check in the same manner as the equivelant Character Feat....however, I don't see where either CF (M&M, page 62) makes it automatically be the worse of the two....CF: Improved Throw allows the attacker to choose but the attacker could guess wrong and pick the one, for a particular target, that is the stronger of the two Abilities. Again, I acknowledge that I might've missed an Errata or ATT discussion on this.

Request: to add "Total Defense" to the Adjust tab. Normally adds a +4 but can add more (+2 or +4) depending on whether the character took one or two levels of the CF: Improved Defense. So the Condition should look for that CF and if it is a single or double purchase & I don't know what the official stand is on that CF counting against the PL DEF limit.

Keep up the good work,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; July 12th, 2010 at 11:20 PM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old July 13th, 2010, 06:27 AM
@Nigel:
The Pocket UP did indeed errata a number of things with Trip. You can find a partial list here on the forums from where I took Elric's errata from various questions on the ORQ forum and checked for whether they were added in. *wry grin* It would be nice if they did a re-release of the PDF with the fixes for those who've bought it, but with 3E coming out, it's looking unlikely.
Duggan is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old July 13th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
@Nigel:
The Pocket UP did indeed errata a number of things with Trip. You can find a partial list here on the forums from where I took Elric's errata from various questions on the ORQ forum and checked for whether they were added in. *wry grin* It would be nice if they did a re-release of the PDF with the fixes for those who've bought it, but with 3E coming out, it's looking unlikely.
Yes, I agree there should be a new Errata but highly unlikely they will put one out. :-(

I see what you are saying:"3) Also, the power feat “Improved Trip” should be referred to everywhere as “Improved Throw” (which is the feat it is actually based on)."

and according to the link at ATT, it looks like I was right that it should be factored in: "Pg 93, Trip. 1) At the end of this power’s description, add the following sentence (or something like it) “Trip counts as if it forced a saving throw for power level purposes.”

Item 2 covered my question of "attacker gets to choose" but I'd still like to see a more "official" answer on that. ;-)

Thanks for pointing me at the ATT page. :-)

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 13th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
Request: to add "Total Defense" to the Adjust tab. Normally adds a +4 but can add more (+2 or +4) depending on whether the character took one or two levels of the CF: Improved Defense. So the Condition should look for that CF and if it is a single or double purchase & I don't know what the official stand is on that CF counting against the PL DEF limit.

Keep up the good work,
Now added. I don't think it should count against power level limits, since you're giving up something pretty big when you go on total defense - your ability to attack.
Colen is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old July 14th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Now added. I don't think it should count against power level limits, since you're giving up something pretty big when you go on total defense - your ability to attack.
Thanks. I'm presuming you mean it's been added to the list of things for the next update.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 21st, 2010, 09:30 AM
It's actually included now as a "condition" that you can toggle on and off.
Colen is offline   #30 Reply With Quote