Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old February 23rd, 2017, 07:57 AM
Yes, that all helps. I'm the one who implemented it into the community set, but it was a few years ago so I'll need to take a look to figure out what I was doing.

The double listing is an easy fix. I will take care of that, too, and it looks like the description isn't updating like it should. I will also look into that.
Sendric is offline   #611 Reply With Quote
spyker_katarn

Old February 23rd, 2017, 08:15 AM
Fantastic, Sendric, thanks so much. If you need a copy of Dragonscape to check against, I can send you a copy of my PDF. Just let me know if you need anything.
spyker_katarn is offline   #612 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 23rd, 2017, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker_katarn View Post

----
Note: the spell lists factotums have access to do not include spells with XP costs, and the same spell cannot be prepared twice.
----
I will remove the spells that have an XP cost from the list. The second part is possible, but will take longer to implement.

Quote:
I was trying to edit my wife's character sheet to get her new spells (as we just hit level 4, so she gets a second spell slot), but found that the current set would only let her select 0-level spells (e.g. acid splash, amanuensis, etc.). At 4th level, according to the table I screenshotted in my other post, she should have access to 1st-level spells (technically, she should have access at level 3, but still only one spell at a time). If I level her up to 7th level (where she gets a third spell), the 1st level spells appear in the list, but at that point she should be able to add 2nd-level spells (since the table shows 2nd level spells as being available for the factotum at level 5).

The bug, then, appears to be that the spell levels appear later than they should be. At 3rd-4th level, I should be able to select from the spell dropdown anything of 0th and 1st level spells, at 5th-7th level I should be able to select from 0th, 1st, and 2nd, etc.
This actually appears to be working correctly, if not ideally. She does have access to 1st level spells at 4th level, but only through the use of the 1st spell slot. As the Factotum levels increase, the first spell slots increase their selection options. She may only select one 1st level spell at this time, so the second spell slot only allows 0-level spells.

Quote:
----
A side note: it appears that the spells are doubled in the dropdown when they appear in both lists (e.g. Acid Splash is listed twice, Amanuensis is listed twice, etc., but Cleaning is listed only once). I assume this is just a side effect of the lists, so it's not a big deal. It just makes it longer to scroll through.
----
This is caused by the Helper.Obsolete tag which was implemented recently. I will update the script to not include spells with this tag.

Quote:
Additionally, while poking through the data file to see if I could figure out where to change this, I found that the upgrades to Arcane Dilettante are not marked as spell-like abilities. The first of the line in the Class Special section (cArcDill1) is, but the later ones (cArcDill2, cArcDill3, etc.) are not, when they should. It looks as though it would be as simple as checking the box for SLA in the Ability Classification field of the editor, but then I noticed that there are cArcDil entries in the Custom Ability section (not cArcDill--note the two L's in the Class Special section vs. one L in Custom Ability). I became unsure of which needed adjustment in this case, if an adjustment is even needed. For what it's worth, cArcDil1 (one L) is not marked as an SLA by default at all, nor are the others in that line.

Does that help at all? Let me know if you need screenshots.
Adding the Spell-like tag will actually cause it to no longer appear on the in-play tab. So, this fix requires more than simply adding the tag to make it work properly. For now, I recommend not adding the tags.
Sendric is offline   #613 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 23rd, 2017, 08:59 AM
In attempting to make all of the Factotum skills class skills, I appear to have done something that HL very much doesn't like. Does anyone know an easy way to set all skills as class skills? I tried this method, but the line with pushtags causes the program to crash, so that's not terribly helpful:

Code:
~ All skills are class skills

foreach pick in hero from BaseSkill where "!Helper.SkCat?"
  perform eachpick.pulltags[ClassSkill.?]
  perform pushtags[ClassSkill.?]
nexteach
PS Yes, I have reported this to LW.
Sendric is offline   #614 Reply With Quote
spyker_katarn

Old February 23rd, 2017, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
This actually appears to be working correctly, if not ideally. She does have access to 1st level spells at 4th level, but only through the use of the 1st spell slot. As the Factotum levels increase, the first spell slots increase their selection options. She may only select one 1st level spell at this time, so the second spell slot only allows 0-level spells.

I took a look at this after seeing your reply and I am indeed seeing the 1st level spells there, which is not particularly intuitive, but I can understand why (the class does have a weird spell level path). It makes me wonder if the factotum should have the spells tab though like other spellcasting classes, but that too doesn't quite fit since they don't need a spellbook. Without knowing more about HL's backend, I'm not sure how best to handle this, so I will trust in your very capable hands.

Quote:
Adding the Spell-like tag will actually cause it to no longer appear on the in-play tab. So, this fix requires more than simply adding the tag to make it work properly. For now, I recommend not adding the tags.
Okay, I'll leave the tags alone, then.

Thank you again for looking at this, Sendric. If there's anything I can do to help with this (including datasheet testing), let me know.
spyker_katarn is offline   #615 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 23rd, 2017, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Thank you again for looking at this, Sendric. If there's anything I can do to help with this (including datasheet testing), let me know.
No problem. I agree it isn't terribly intuitive. I'll look into it and see if I can't make it a little better, though that's admittedly a low priority since everything currently functions even if it isn't perfect.
Sendric is offline   #616 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 23rd, 2017, 11:12 AM
Quote:
In attempting to make all of the Factotum skills class skills, I appear to have done something that HL very much doesn't like. Does anyone know an easy way to set all skills as class skills? I tried this method, but the line with pushtags causes the program to crash, so that's not terribly helpful:

Code:

perform pushtags[ClassSkill.?]
nexteach
PS Yes, I have reported this to LW.
Most likely cause you overwhelmed HL with several hundred thousand tags!

By the above logic you pull tag 1 then push to yourself. Now Tag 1 is assigned Twice to your Thing. Then you get tag 2 and push tag 1 (x2) and 2 to yourself again. Then you get tag 3 and push tag 1,2,3 to yourself again. Etc etc etc....

Try this instead:
Code:
nexteach

~ Push all the tags One time. 
perform hero.pushtags[ClassSkill.?]

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; February 23rd, 2017 at 11:14 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #617 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 23rd, 2017, 04:13 PM
Dear Wolflair,

Please disregard report. Just another PEBKAC issue.

Thanks,
Sendric
Sendric is offline   #618 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 23rd, 2017, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Dear Wolflair,

Please disregard report. Just another PEBKAC issue.

Thanks,
Sendric
This is why you don't script stuff while drinking a 64oz beverage!

Trust me don't feel bad. I have blow up HL many a time. I have caused such corruption I have actually gotten HL to lose my License Code. hehehe

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #619 Reply With Quote
Dark_Soul

Old February 25th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Adding any number of levels of Scout (Complete Adventurer), with any or no race selected, adds Blindsight and Blindsense from both the Scout's higher levels and Dragon Disciple to the Racial Abilities list on the new background page.

Last edited by Dark_Soul; February 25th, 2017 at 02:21 PM.
Dark_Soul is offline   #620 Reply With Quote