Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Dred

Old July 12th, 2017, 11:15 AM
Hey there, long time HL User but newbie at using the 5e + Community Pack.

Part of what drew me to HL in the first place was how great it was at putting together solid character sheets that have full descriptions of feats/abilities/spells/etc. I, for the life of me, cannot figure out how to get that sort of output using the 5e version of HL. As a DM, this feature is the greatest timesaver for me. I like pen/paper and I hate looking through book after book to find what an ability or class feature does. My players like it to because it basically auto-audits their characters for them.

Has there been any sort of release for custom output that re-implements this feature for 5e Hero Lab?

Thanks!
Dred is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old July 12th, 2017, 01:04 PM
Not sure I understand the problem sorry. If you are using 5e and the community pack you should just be able to print the sheet off. You will need to print about 3 times though. If you go the print options you will see it breaks it down into 3 sections (plus a few options)

Character sheet
Ability sheet
Spells sheet

Printing the ability and spell sheets will give you the descriptions.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dred

Old July 20th, 2017, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Not sure I understand the problem sorry. If you are using 5e and the community pack you should just be able to print the sheet off. You will need to print about 3 times though. If you go the print options you will see it breaks it down into 3 sections (plus a few options)

Character sheet
Ability sheet
Spells sheet

Printing the ability and spell sheets will give you the descriptions.
What I was getting at was the custom output character sheets. I recall that "Ancient One" did an immaculate one for Pathfinder that output an editable PDF that would allow you to add/subtract detailed info and printed out full, descriptions of all abilities/items/etc. in one spot.

The regular dossier for HL prints out a cropped set of descriptions for everything. Then you have to print another sheet for full descriptions and then another for spells.

Which is fine for character sheets, less useful when you're printing out NPCs.
Dred is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old July 20th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Having never played Pathfinder I have never seen what t you are talking about sorry. Editable pdfs would be amazing but we don't have them here.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote