Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

rlbeaver

Old October 22nd, 2016, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
It is messing with the points spent, adjusting the base value (the die) and not the bonus.

In my version, since I have defined the maximums for skills and attributes elsewhere, does work. Maybe it can give you an idea as it works while the official one in HL has stopped working:
Had the same issue, you're solution fixed it for me...with small modification
rlbeaver is offline   #201 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old October 22nd, 2016, 02:52 PM
The Angel race in Horror Companion has Arcane Background: Miracles bootstrapped. It has Faith, but does not get Miracles for free. You can have Faith and not have Miracles. I do not know why, but it is specifically allowed in the rules. I have seen Clint Black state that multiple times.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #202 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 10th, 2016, 11:41 AM
Hey, Seeley, in that code block you are referencing:

Code:
   if (compare(lowercase(field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[name].text),"agility") = 0) then
      hero.child[attrAgi].field[trtMaximum].value += 1
      #traitcreation[attrAgi] += 1
      isSkill = 0
   endif
If the menu being presented is the list of Attributes, couldn't it be addressed directly:

Code:
field[spcChosen1].chosen.field[trtMaximum].value += 1
field[spcChosen1].chosen.field[trtCreate].value += 1
And remove that whole if/then block that goes through all the Attributes? The list should already present the actual Attribute picks.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd

Last edited by CapedCrusader; November 10th, 2016 at 11:44 AM.
CapedCrusader is offline   #203 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old November 10th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Seeley, also, did you ever send me an example of that Hindrance printing issue? I can't duplicate it here. Robotics/Cyberware are in a different column than Hindrances, I can't see where they would affect each other.

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #204 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 10th, 2016, 03:15 PM
I sent the files in July.

Yeah, the attributes could be addressed like you mention. My code has different ages as it has been a working project for years. Some parts are more efficient than others.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #205 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 10th, 2016, 03:28 PM
I resent the files.

SeeleyOne is offline   #206 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old November 10th, 2016, 05:42 PM
OK, well, I can see what's causing it.
It's the 15 additional Derived Traits (Bennies, Running Die, Size, Glory, Glory Award, Vs Ranged, Soak, Shaken, Fear, Poison, Disease, Fatigue, Cold, Heat, and Pressure). That's what's crowding everything off.
I'll fix it so the Racial Abilities and Hindrances can continue on the next page.
But the cause is all of the Derived Traits that have been added.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #207 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 11th, 2016, 07:55 AM
That was my first thought, too, but since then I have whittled them down and made them options in the Configure Hero. And even if I chop them down it still does it.

SeeleyOne is offline   #208 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 11th, 2016, 07:57 AM
It will do it from anything that forces down that first column. Derived Traits, Skills, Racial Properties, and Racial abilities.

SeeleyOne is offline   #209 Reply With Quote
Nogard666

Send a message via Yahoo to Nogard666

Old December 25th, 2016, 07:52 AM
I am not sure if this is the correct spot for this as I do not know if it is a Savage Worlds bug or a HL bug, and 21 pages of stuff is a lot to read though, but a skim did not show any other posts about this. One of the Savage Settings updates keeps showing as available to download, even after I tell it to download and update. It is Savage Settings: High Space. This has happened multiple times. Each time I have had to totally uninstall HL and all related material, and reinstall to get it to stop showing that that update is available. I even tried deleting all of the files just for Savage Settings and re downloading them all. Seeing updates available every time I open HL is starting to bug me when there is actually no new updates available. Is this the correct spot to post about this? If not where is and I will move this post there?
Nogard666 is offline   #210 Reply With Quote