Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

sebacore

Old January 30th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I am working on making some custom modifiers for some of the Super Powers in the SPC.

My goal would just be to make a Modifiers file I could send to my players but from my quick testing it seems I would have to re-add custom versions of the Powers that have that modifier included. Is there another way to do this without having to remake powers?
sebacore is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old January 31st, 2012, 02:50 AM
not that I am aware. Best way to do it, that won't mess the core files up, is to set up your user file, Preclude the core power, and create a copy to modify. There MAY be a different way, but that's the only way I know.
tatteredking is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 8th, 2012, 06:36 PM
If you want it to operate differently than the book (New Modifiers) you'll need to clone the power. Each power is assigned tags that tell it which Power Modifiers are available for it. Unless the core material is modified, you can't assign new modifier tags to existing powers. This way, the core material stays the same. You'll need to clone the Power, assign the existing modifiers to it, and then add the new modifier. I'm going to be creating documentation soon on how to go about this. If you don't want to wait, I can help you out.
CapedCrusader is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
sebacore

Old February 8th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks, I figured that would be the way I would have to do it.

Do you know of a way to hide the core powers so that there is only one version of the power in the list?
sebacore is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 8th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Sure. You set up a Preclude.

You start by creating a Source. Create the new Power, and along with assigning to Super Powers Companion for source, also create a new source, and assign it to that as well. A good source name might be something related to the campaign.

Then, in the Editor go to the Preclude tab. Create a new record, enter the tag of the item you want to preclude (the original power), and the source you just created. Save the record, save the file (same as the source name is a good choice) and then restart Hero Lab,

Your new source should show up as a choice under User Content, go ahead and click it. The old power should be removed from the list, and the new one should appear.
CapedCrusader is offline   #5 Reply With Quote