Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Cgeist7

Old April 16th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Hello!

I have a few requests that have come up in my current Savage Worlds game while using Hero Lab.

1) Could you please include an option to have creatures made into wild cards? Right now, if I select a standard Troll, it counts as an extra and I can't track wounds on it.

2) Is there a way to have encumberance only include checked items?

Finally, since the Savage Worlds HL system has come out, PEG has released the Fantasy Companion and the Supers Companion. Is there any plan to include this content in Hero Lab in the future?

I have already started to port spells over from the Fantasy companion, but I am not sure how to do the same with the powers from the Supers companion. If this isn't in the cards, could you suggest how to bring them in using the editor?

Thanks!

CG7
Cgeist7 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Cgeist7

Old May 16th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Hello?

Anything on this? Even a "You are nuts, dude" would be some kind of closure.

Thanks!

CG7
Cgeist7 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 16th, 2010, 01:07 PM
You are NOT nuts dude.

dartnet is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 20th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Mea culpa for not replying on this. I totally lost track of various things over the past month. I'm spread too thin right now.

Allowing creatures to be wildcards is *probably* doable. I'll need to check the files, but it seems like a perfectly reasonable request and I'll do what I can to make it possible.

Allowing encumbrance to only effect checked items seems like a strange request to me. Is this a matter of wanting to leave certain items on a horse or at home? If so, you can accomplish this easily by creating a "custom location" and naming it appropriately (e.g. "home", "hq", whatever). Then just move the item into that location. All gear that resides within a location does *not* count against the character's encumbrance. You can even create a custom location and call it "ground", then you can drop equipment on the group (e.g. a backpack) by moving it into the location. Picking the gear back up is as easy as moving it back to the character.

I have not even seen the two Companion books from PEG yet. I need to get copies so I can actually assess what's involved. Until then, I'm afraid I can't even offer guidance on how to integrate the material into the core SW data files. :-(
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 22nd, 2010, 11:41 AM
Quick update. I've modified creatures to be optionally made wildcards, so this will be in the next update - due out shortly.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Cgeist7

Old May 23rd, 2010, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Quick update. I've modified creatures to be optionally made wildcards, so this will be in the next update - due out shortly.
Thanks, Rob. This is great. I've used your encumbrance suggestion and it works fine. That is exactly what I was looking for.

As for the companions, I've seen you post in another thread. Adding this material would definitely increase the usefulness of the HL Savage Worlds toolset.

Thanks and regards,

CG7
Cgeist7 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote