Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Randall Jhen

Old July 27th, 2019, 01:33 PM
Howdy.

I'm working on putting some Invisible Sun stuff into Realm Works. In that game, the eight (no, nine) realms are classified by colors: The Indigo Sun, the Blue Sun, the Green Sun, the Gold Sun, etc.

Colloquially, they are "the Blue," "the Green," "the Gold," etc.

Ideally, I could input two identically spelled but differently capitalized names, with Sensitive name matching, and save myself the headache of every single color reference popping up.

Public Name: Green Sun (case matching Auto Correct)
Other Name: The Green (case matching Sensitive)
Other Name: the Green (case matching Sensitive)

Thanks!

Last edited by Randall Jhen; July 30th, 2019 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Potentially unclear title
Randall Jhen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 27th, 2019, 02:01 PM
So, in the NAMES part of the topic, set the matching to case sensitive.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old July 27th, 2019, 04:03 PM
Sadly, in my experience, the name list duplicate check for a Topic is case-insensitive regardless of whether the individual names are case-sensitive.
Silveras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old July 27th, 2019, 04:07 PM
I would be very opposed to different capitalization forms being different names.

As an example in my SF realm I have the "Alderson Jump Drive," with "Alderson Drive" as an alternate name, as the name of the topic that describes the device. The device is referred to, in various other entries, as the Alderson jump drive, The Alderson Drive and the Alderson drive. I also do things like this all over my Pathfinder realm but I was just working on the SF one so it came to mind first.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Randall Jhen

Old July 27th, 2019, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
So, in the NAMES part of the topic, set the matching to case sensitive.
Alas, if I set "The Green" to case sensitive, "the Green" will not be captured.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666
I have the "Alderson Jump Drive," with "Alderson Drive" as an alternate name, as the name of the topic that describes the device. The device is referred to, in various other entries, as the Alderson jump drive, The Alderson Drive and the Alderson drive.
In this case, you wouldn't need to set the alternate names to case sensitive, so any combination of upper- and lowercase would be fine
Randall Jhen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old July 27th, 2019, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Jhen View Post
In this case, you wouldn't need to set the alternate names to case sensitive, so any combination of upper- and lowercase would be fine
Then I have literally no idea what you are asking for.

If AB is distinct from ab and Ab and aB then you would absolutely have to include three as alternate names of one. I would find that incredibly unpleasant, and it would break dozens of existing links.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 28th, 2019, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Jhen View Post
Alas, if I set "The Green" to case sensitive, "the Green" will not be captured.
In which setting up "Green" as an alternative name would work. As long as you don't start any sentences with that colour :-)

Otherwise, could you add a question into the OP so that we know for what you asking help with.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Randall Jhen

Old July 28th, 2019, 04:46 AM
There are more than a thousand spells and magic items in Invisible Sun. Each of them has a color associated with them. This is formatted as:

GOETIC’S MAT
Level: 3
Form: Woven cloth mat with a protective circle stitched into it
This functions as a protective circle, but takes only an action to unroll and put into place.
Object Depletion:
Color: Invisible

Thus, for every instance of Invisible, Green, Blue, etc., I have to ignore on auto-detect. If I could tell Realm Works to recognize "the Green," I would never capture "Green" at the start of a sentence when used as an adjective, which is good. But I would also never capture "The Green" at the start of a sentence, which is bad.
Randall Jhen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old July 28th, 2019, 06:18 AM
I see the problem now. You want to use the CSV tool to import a shed load of spells and magic items, 99+% of which will never get used or linked to, and turn on auto accept to save time on the linking after doing so.

I strongly do not want this change as it would literally break my main realm and any future realms would be made incredibly and unpleasantly tedious to set up.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Randall Jhen

Old July 28th, 2019, 07:49 AM
I fail to see how this would break or complicate anything, but I don't know how to explain it differently.
Randall Jhen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote