Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ghaleon

Old April 20th, 2010, 05:15 PM
i currently have the 3.5 mod payed for and wanted to check out the 4th ed hero builder to see if i want to purchase it also. everytime i open 4th ed is gives me no classes, no race, nothing i can pick from to build a character. being unable to actually test out the 4th ed demo is completely preventing me from buying it, anyone have any input
Ghaleon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 21st, 2010, 08:13 AM
The default download for 4e only includes the core logic. Due to licensing issues, Lone Wolf is restricted on what information they can include in the dataset.

Downloading the game data for 4e involves running a separate program outside HL. Look in the folder HeroLab/data/4e for a program file called 'ddidownloader.' Without a Dungeons & Dragons Insider account, you can only download limited information. It should be enough to try out the dataset in demo mode.
FifthWanderer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 21st, 2010, 10:02 PM
I outlined where you can find complete details on this in the thread you posted in the 4E data files forum. Please take a look over there and let me know if you have additional questions.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ghaleon

Old April 22nd, 2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I outlined where you can find complete details on this in the thread you posted in the 4E data files forum. Please take a look over there and let me know if you have additional questions.
got it all figured out after i read more
Ghaleon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote