Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
benuker
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 23

Old March 16th, 2019, 07:13 AM
Hello guys.
I created a new spell for the bard using the duplicate of an exesting spell (rope trick), but it does not show in the spell bard list.
I checked the “bard” tag on the spell class and inserted the sourcebook as Platers Handbook 2, which I have configured in my portfolio, but the spell does not show up...any ideas?

Thank you so much for any help,
Leo
benuker is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 1,217

Old March 16th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Are you sure the level is correct? That has tripped me up a few times. You think you're looking at the right spell level in the list and it's different in the editor.

Also, check that you have Player's Handbook 2 source material checked in your Hero Configuration, or it won't show up. Or you can just uncheck the sourcebook from the spell.

Vist my D&D 3.5 homebrew campaign! http://daelund.kendallhub.net
Kendall-DM is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
benuker
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 23

Old March 16th, 2019, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Are you sure the level is correct? That has tripped me up a few times. You think you're looking at the right spell level in the list and it's different in the editor.

Also, check that you have Player's Handbook 2 source material checked in your Hero Configuration, or it won't show up. Or you can just uncheck the sourcebook from the spell.
Hello, I tried everything you suggested above with no luck....any other ideas...?
benuker is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 602

Old March 16th, 2019, 10:12 PM
Post a copy of your user file here and we can check the spell. Hopefully someone can see what has gone wrong.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
benuker
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 23

Old March 17th, 2019, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
Post a copy of your user file here and we can check the spell. Hopefully someone can see what has gone wrong.
Thank you Dami, I just solved it right now!
Instead of using and existing bard spell and modifying it, I did it from zero and everything went perfect.
Leo
benuker is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Illyahr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 267

Old March 17th, 2019, 06:07 AM
You may have copied an obsolete spell. They only show in old characters who already had them selected. New versions of most spells were created so that a new copy doesn't have to be made for each class that uses it
Illyahr is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
benuker
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 23

Old March 18th, 2019, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
You may have copied an obsolete spell. They only show in old characters who already had them selected. New versions of most spells were created so that a new copy doesn't have to be made for each class that uses it
Oh, I see.
So, how can I do to understand if a spell is obsolete or not?
Is there any flag in the spell description or name or somewhere else?

Thank you,
Leo
benuker is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,747

Old March 18th, 2019, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benuker View Post
Oh, I see.
So, how can I do to understand if a spell is obsolete or not?
Is there any flag in the spell description or name or somewhere else?

Thank you,
Leo
Obsolete spells have the Helper.Obsolete tag. The more current spells will have a thingid that starts with 'sp'.
Sendric is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 1,217

Old March 22nd, 2019, 07:36 AM
The easiest way to tell.
1. All new spells start with sp instead of just s.
2. All new spells do not indicate class, only the spell name (or some amalgamation of such).
3. All new spells have their level appended to the end of the name, not some large numeric value.

Example:
This is NOT a new spell (obsolete): sWiz20000
This IS a new spell (not obsolete): spAcidArr2

Hope that helps a bit, without having to look at the tags.

Vist my D&D 3.5 homebrew campaign! http://daelund.kendallhub.net
Kendall-DM is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.