Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kturock

Old September 3rd, 2013, 04:32 PM
After having hero lab for 2 weeks and finding numerous mistakes; and being told that the corrections are only when someone feels like answering or even checking the forum; I feel that my money was wasted.
When the volunteers can only answer some problems and the officials from the site; the developers, ignore most of the forums but one; I feel cheated.

I was told that the only official from LW, who works on this game, has been on vacation for 2 weeks and no one else will even check the forum. That some of the problems and bugs haven't been answered since release.

$50 for a program and it's add-ons and no support. Very poor customer service.

I've used Army Builder for years. The data files for it are free and I don't feel cheated when there's mistakes and have to wait for the files or corrected files.

Is there any way to get my $ back or am I just to feel ripped off and get over it?
kturock is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 3rd, 2013, 05:23 PM
Kturock, I'm sorry to read how frustrated you are. I have been going through some of your posts and was happy to see that zarlor, one of our volunteers, has been able to help you with many of your questions. Besides the bug reports, it appears that the current outstanding question you have is the one you posted yesterday afternoon about quivers as containers, is that correct?

Our staff monitors all forums on a regular basis and tries to respond to within 2-3 business days, though often our community members respond within minutes of posting and are able to answer for us (like Zarlor did when you posted Sunday).

If you are still unhappy with the product, you can request a refund by emailing support@wolflair.com. Please let me know if you have any additional questions, and if you want to talk further with Lone Wolf staff feel free to PM me as well.
liz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old September 4th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Kturock,
To be fair though with the developers at Lone Wolf they are a fairly small company. During Gen Con, Paizo Con and Holidays they tend to be a little slower to respond... but they DO respond. I am not using this as an excuse as I am sure you do not want to hear those.. more or less as an explanation.

I have had Hero Lab now for two and a half years and I love it. I could not show it off more than I already do. The community in and of itself is usually quick to respond if some one from the company does not and they can answer my questions almost as good if not better at times. No one company is perfect but Lone Wolf has always been decent in trying to get things done when something does go wrong. So if you do keep the software you could become happier with it then you are now. But I would understand if it is not meant to be either way.. I wish you well on your choice and as a user myself I hope you change your mind and keep the software. I think you might grow to like and appreciate it!
Nikmal is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kturock

Old September 5th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Nikmal, to be fair, the product has been out for a while and still is buggy.
I've purchased Army Builder right after it's release. I had Card Builder. I know how big LW is. I've had problems before, usually only with data files, that are submitted by volunteers, like some of the ones here. They're usually fixed quickly.
I've never had as many problems with purchased product. I've seen buggy product ignored since it's release. Go to the Savage Worlds forum for HL and check the dates for some of the bugs. Then look at the last post and see the bug wasn't fixed for awhile if at all.

If it's not Pathfinder, it get's put on the back burner or ignored.

Last edited by kturock; September 5th, 2013 at 06:01 AM.
kturock is offline   #4 Reply With Quote