Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

zandraxon

Old October 28th, 2016, 08:56 AM
So I put a bunch of unique created weapons in Mechanics Reference>Special Item instead of Almanac>Named Equipment. Now I can't drag it to be contained by each PC.

Is there anyway I can change it without having to cut/paste and/or recreate the topics?
zandraxon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old October 28th, 2016, 10:15 AM
You can only have a topic once - you can not have the same topic multiple places.

In your case I would have a snippet in the character-topic describing what equipment they have.

In this snippet, list the items. If the items have a topic somewhere the item will become a link pointing to the topic.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old October 28th, 2016, 03:54 PM
http://forums.wolflair.com/search.php?searchid=1706115
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...hange+category

A forum search on "change category" brings up several threads with different methods.

Report RealmWorks bugs here
Report Pathfinder HeroLab bugs here
Report 5e HeroLab bugs here
Report 5e HeroLab Community Pack bugs here
AEIOU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 29th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Unfortunately, you can't change categories between Almanac and Mechanics Reference.
Farling is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 30th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Unfortunately, you can't change categories between Almanac and Mechanics Reference.
Not directly, but you can do so INdirectly...

1. Clone the category whose topics you want to migrate so that you have a user-created category.
2. Change the topics/articles based on the global category to be based on the new user-created category.
3. Change the user-created category from topic to article, or vice versa.
4. Change the topics/articles now based on the user-created category to the desired global category.
5. Delete the user-created category that was used solely for migration and is no longer needed.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old November 2nd, 2016, 07:53 PM
What a nifty trick!
Bidmaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
LeeSmith

Old December 14th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Not directly, but you can do so INdirectly...

1. Clone the category whose topics you want to migrate so that you have a user-created category.
2. Change the topics/articles based on the global category to be based on the new user-created category.
3. Change the user-created category from topic to article, or vice versa.
4. Change the topics/articles now based on the user-created category to the desired global category.
5. Delete the user-created category that was used solely for migration and is no longer needed.

Hope this helps!
Rob,
I cant figure this out...
Can you put this in "Laymens" terms and do a walk threw so I can figure this out.

Thanks.
LeeSmith is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 14th, 2016, 10:20 AM
If you only have a few items to swap over, I'd recommend just retyping them, or doing CTRL-M on all the content to merge into a single block then copy/pasting it into the new entry. I personally would go this route unless I had a lot (like my spells or creatures).

Rob's instructions are generalized. If you can provide detailed info on what you are trying to do, one of us here in the forums can probably chime in. What specific topic/article(s) in what specific category(ies) are you trying to move to which specific category(ies)?
AEIOU is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
LeeSmith

Old December 14th, 2016, 11:58 AM
I am trying to move several "Monsters" I entered in Mechanics Reference, Dangers, Monster / Enemy....

TO

World Almanac, Into one of the Modules I helped a friend create... And appear as a Monster / Enemy Icon... In the "Events" section shown. (I want to move the 4 creatures shown.

Sorta like the "People" icon in the pic attached.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (28.0 KB, 14 views)
LeeSmith is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 14th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSmith View Post
I am trying to move several "Monsters" I entered in Mechanics Reference, Dangers, Monster / Enemy....

TO

World Almanac, Into one of the Modules I helped a friend create... And appear as a Monster / Enemy Icon... In the "Events" section shown. (I want to move the 4 creatures shown.

Sorta like the "People" icon in the pic attached.
One of. My videos covers this exact thing. Probably got categories in the title.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #10 Reply With Quote