Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Frodie

Old August 27th, 2015, 02:11 PM
Yes and no, it gets rid of the pre-req, but they gain the light armor. So a no go. Tried final and render, but still no. I wonder if a loop would help? Uhg, the one time I wish timing mattered, lol.
Frodie is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 27th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
Yes and no, it gets rid of the pre-req, but they gain the light armor. So a no go. Tried final and render, but still no. I wonder if a loop would help? Uhg, the one time I wish timing mattered, lol.
You tried Render/999999999? That should put you just before Validation. OR actually try Validation/1

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old August 27th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Ok, Validation/1 works, it will not "grey out" the armor but it does say you aren't proficient. So that will have to work. Thanks yall!
Frodie is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old August 27th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Render is actually AFTER Validation.
AndrewD2 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 27th, 2015, 03:46 PM
This sort of thing - altering tags in the Render or Validation phase - is a big hack, and really vulnerable to future changes. What exactly are you trying to accomplish, so that we can find a better way to do this? I'm guessing based on the script in your first post that this is somewhat similar to the mithral material, but how does it differ from how mithral works, to make the armor lighter for everything but proficiency.

And if it is just mithral, but for proficiencies too, isn't that the same as elven chain?
Mathias is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old August 27th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Basically, the 3pp want's 2 sets of armor proficiency, or new categories. They are basically the same but one is "archaic" and the other is "modern" (with an extra category for simple armor). I got it to mechanically to work with the "ArmorGroup" tags. The issue came when feat's like Arcane Armor Training looking for the Hero.ProfLight tags.

ATM - it works, but I could do a loop, it you think that would be more stable.

I thought of a loop like this on the Modern feats, (I just re-named the core feats and added archaic in front).

Code:
Render/999999999

perform hero.assign[Hero.ProfLight]

Code:
PreLevels/10000

foreach pick in hero from BaseArmor where "ArmorClass.Light"
    perform eachpick.delete[Helper.Proficient]
nexteach

So I have all the categories working, but the pre-req in feats and abilities will not work for the modern armor groups.

Is there a tag like HasHero?

Last edited by Frodie; August 27th, 2015 at 05:19 PM.
Frodie is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 28th, 2015, 06:55 AM
Whether a particular piece of armor is something that this character is proficient in is recorded by adding the Helper.Proficient tag to that armor at Pre-Level/10000 (the script is named "Assign Armor Proficiency"

So I'd recommend a foreach through all the armors that this applies to, adding that tag. Ignore light/medium/heavy - they have no relation to the rule you're implementing.
Mathias is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 28th, 2015, 07:01 AM
Oh, and if you're deleting Helper.Proficient, work at Pre-Levels/10100, or some other time AFTER pre-levels/10000, not at the same time, or it's random whether the Helper.Proficient tag will have been added yet before your script deletes it, or whether your script will delete a non-existent tag (meaning nothing happens), and then the other script will add it.
Mathias is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old August 28th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Cool, Thank You! Yea, I have the feats pick the correct armor, the issue is the feat has to mimic the similar feat for pre-req issues, (in the case of simple armor I needs to count as light armor, but not be light armor).

Last edited by Frodie; August 28th, 2015 at 08:25 AM.
Frodie is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 28th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Whether a particular piece of armor is something that this character is proficient in is recorded by adding the Helper.Proficient tag to that armor at Pre-Level/10000 (the script is named "Assign Armor Proficiency"

So I'd recommend a foreach through all the armors that this applies to, adding that tag. Ignore light/medium/heavy - they have no relation to the rule you're implementing.
If I understand this all correctly. This part Frodie has done. His issue is that Medium Armor "Feat" need to SEE that the character has Light Armor Proficiency.

So other feats like Arcane Armor is doing this as a Pre-Req:
Code:
tagis[Hero.ProfLight] <> 0
Which is why I said to add the tag at Validation/1 to a) Make feats like Arcane Armor THINK we have Light Armor Proficiency without actually causing ALL Light armor to be proficient.

If the base feat was changed to use the "Feat Count As" logic then Frodie wouldn't have to do the 'Hack' as you called it.

So in this case maybe Frodie you would be better off putting this in as a "BUG" and wait for LW to change the Armor Feats...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #20 Reply With Quote