Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 27th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
For the haste/bear's endurance bug, could you give me more detail about exactly what's happening?
I can actually explain that one as I fixed a whole bunch of characters sheets last night do to this issue.

The pf_Adjustments.user file that is on d20pfsrd and cheifweasels site has the same Thing Unique id for Bear and Haste spells that use to be conditions. It seems the Pick element for those Things is stored in the portfolio file. So when you load up the character built in v4.8 that had that .user file HL now adds those spells as none removable Things in the new spell tab. This seems to even be the case after one removes the .user file.

What I had to do was go into the portfolio character files directly and remove all the old SPELL CONDITIONS and then save it and then have HL reopen the file.

Then the stuff went away. I was going to make a post about this specifically, but never got around to it yet as I spent awhile finding an fixing this for my players last night.

If you want I can send you a 1st level rogue character that still does this. Or at least I am pretty sure it still does and I can check when I get home tonight.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Jim.DiGriz

Old October 27th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
For the haste/bear's endurance bug, could you give me more detail about exactly what's happening?
There are entries under Spell Adjustments that look just as if I had enabled them using "Click to add a new Spell Adjustment" except that there's no "x" button with which to delete them and the gray boxes lack the "(source)" and "1 round/level" or "1 min/level" text. They appear otherwise to be fully functional, i.e. clicking the check box makes the appropriate modifications to my speed, AC, attack rolls and/or Constitution, HP and Fort save.

If I add the same adjustments again I see two instances of each--very slightly different as noted above--and the notation next to Spell Adjustments in the title bar says "(2 enabled)". (There was no such parenthetical notation before I added the two "real" adjustments, and it disappears again when I delete them.)
Jim.DiGriz is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 27th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I can actually explain that one as I fixed a whole bunch of characters sheets last night do to this issue.

The pf_Adjustments.user file that is on d20pfsrd and cheifweasels site has the same Thing Unique id for Bear and Haste spells that use to be conditions. It seems the Pick element for those Things is stored in the portfolio file. So when you load up the character built in v4.8 that had that .user file HL now adds those spells as none removable Things in the new spell tab. This seems to even be the case after one removes the .user file.

What I had to do was go into the portfolio character files directly and remove all the old SPELL CONDITIONS and then save it and then have HL reopen the file.

Then the stuff went away. I was going to make a post about this specifically, but never got around to it yet as I spent awhile finding an fixing this for my players last night.

If you want I can send you a 1st level rogue character that still does this. Or at least I am pretty sure it still does and I can check when I get home tonight.
It sounds like at its heart, this is the same bug as the unwitting ally bug - a thing that was added to all HL characters, but is now not auto-added, is not being removed from the portfolios, even though there's nothing adding it.
Mathias is online now   #13 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 27th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
I was just about to post this in 4.8 when I saw the new update and tested it in 4.9.

Found another small issue with the AA traits. Its letting me take two equipment traits. Heirloom Weapon(thingid.trHeirWeap) and Power of Suggestion(thingid.trPowSug) and no validation issue shows.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is online now   #14 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 27th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
So just saw a strange one. Chain shirts and Shields no longer correctly print under the GEAR section on the printed character sheet. The weight shows up but it is just blank in front of the weights. I just checked a character sheet created under 4.8 and it was fine.

You can easily duplicate this with a new character. Add a chain shirt and do a print preview and then look on page 2 under GEAR.
Mathias is online now   #15 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old October 27th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I am no longer seeing a Prestige Award entry under the Journal for my PFS character.

I still see all my old Prestige awards entered, but when I add a new one there is no entry to add prestige Award. Or an entry to Spend Prestige
Dragnmoon is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 27th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrischika111 View Post
I posted in another thread, but as problem persists in 4.9, I'll copy it here:

we're trying to get rid of the Wizard bonus feat scribe scroll.
-I created a Wizard Archetype.
- removed Class Abilities : cWizScribe --> when I check special abilities in wizard tabs : scribe scroll appears greyed out, mentioning replaced (ok)
- BUT scribe scroll remains in the list of feats (in feat tab)

When creating a PFS wizard, it does not appear.
Fixed in the next update. Sorry I haven't had the time to figure out exactly what's going wrong in your other post and respond to that one yet. Skimming through it, I had not seen that this was a problem - only that you were having trouble setting up the table of replacement feats.

In the case of a PFS wizard, the same replacement should instead suppress the Spell Focus feat that PFS wizards get instead of scribe scroll - I've fixed that, too.

Thanks for reporting this.
Mathias is online now   #17 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 27th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shieldknight View Post
The "Poison" spell (Cleric 4) says that the damage is 1d10 CON and repeats in one minute. I believe this is a hold over from 3.5.
It should read, "This poison deals 1d3 Constitution damage per round for 6 rounds. Poisoned creatures can make a Fortitude save each round to negate the damage and end the affliction."
Mathias is online now   #18 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old October 27th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
I am no longer seeing a Prestige Award entry under the Journal for my PFS character.

I still see all my old Prestige awards entered, but when I add a new one there is no entry to add prestige Award. Or an entry to Spend Prestige
Never Mind, I see what is going on and what you meant by a scroll bar in the other thread.

Prestige Award was separated from the Journal entry and is hidden now if you have a lot of journal entries.
Dragnmoon is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
JMD031

Old October 27th, 2010, 05:13 PM
I know the total gear price thing isn't implemented yet, but if a character has a mount, animal companion or eidolon it doesn't show up at all. It isn't that big of a deal, but I feel that if it gets fixed before it is fully implemented that will be less work you have to do later.
JMD031 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote