Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Vercingetorix

Old January 31st, 2013, 03:46 PM
I am planning to use the tactical console in my next session, and this condition counter is the most obvious missing feature. Please move it off the back burner.
Vercingetorix is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Weasel

Old November 3rd, 2015, 01:21 PM
Just came here trying to find out if I am doing something wrong in the tactical console for tracking effects, I guess not. I am very surprised that HL does not have a tactical console tracker, especially when a lower end product that I use to use, Combat Manager, does.

I cannot see it being a 'can of worms' to add a round tracker to the tactical console that subtracts 1 each time the affected player has his action button clicked.

Please add this feature.
Weasel is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 3rd, 2015, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
Just came here trying to find out if I am doing something wrong in the tactical console for tracking effects, I guess not. I am very surprised that HL does not have a tactical console tracker, especially when a lower end product that I use to use, Combat Manager, does.

I cannot see it being a 'can of worms' to add a round tracker to the tactical console that subtracts 1 each time the affected player has his action button clicked.

Please add this feature.
I lament the lack of this feature for my Pathfinder games as well. Unfortunately we can only work on these features so fast - right now, 100% of our data file author time is being spent on entering content from Bestiary 5, and before that Inner Sea Races, and before that Occult Adventures, and before that we were spending a lot of time on the encounter library, and before that...

Once Bestiary 5 is out we'll hopefully have a chance to regroup and work on some projects like these, but there are always a ton of things people want for Pathfinder, so I'm not sure how we'll be able to prioritize it. Sorry I can't give you better news.
Colen is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Techno

Old December 19th, 2015, 12:58 PM
This is a much-needed and basic feature to make the tactical console function the way it should. Having to do all the effects tracking manually doesn't make sense. Please fix this. Thanks.
Techno is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old December 19th, 2015, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Unfortunately we can only work on these features so fast
Perhaps the pieces necessary for the TC can be opened up for the community to make the changes?

There are obviously some very knowledgeable and talented people here (looking at you, ShadowChemosh ) who could probably work wonders with it.

Look at it this way: customers have been asking for some feature additions for 5 years (based on this thread alone) and LW doesn't have the resources to devote to it. The product gets sub-par reviews for this piece for that reason and that clearly can't be good for business.

Put a license on the TC files that says all modifications are owned by their respective author, but all rights are non-exclusively provided to LW for integration. (Basically a "share-alike" license similar to those found at CreativeCommons.org; in fact, that's probably a good place to go to look for appropriate license templates.)

Thanks for thinking about it, at least!
Azhrei is online now   #15 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old December 21st, 2015, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adunaphel View Post
This is my first post after registration and this is exat the thread I need.
I used TOS+ up until now but there is not enough group interaction with those singular excel sheets.
But I am to a countdown of the duration of conditions. When the initiative is over, there should should be one round deducted from each condition, except those with permanent.
Have I missed the integration of this feature or is it truly gone to the backlist?
Be careful where you mention TOS+, as it is essentially a pirate product.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Anrik

Old October 4th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segallion View Post
Would it be possible to just set it to rounds? That way once you ended that one person's turn, it would just subtract one from the duration field for each status being tracked with a duration.
So this was brought up 6 years ago. Is there any chance this is now being addressed?
Anrik is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old October 5th, 2016, 09:29 AM
I used a product called DM Genie, for 3.x edition of the game.

When our group moved to Pathfinder, I used a combination of Hero Lab to build the characters and Combat Manager to import them, as Combat Manager can select multiple groups (all friendly or all hostile) which makes an AoE Fireball much easier. Input the 24 damage, and then either check full damage (those who failed saves), half damage (those who made saves, or failed but have improved evasion), or uncheck the boxes of any who have evasion and made saves.

Ultimately, being able to add a condition, be it fighting defensively or a buff/debuff being applied during a combat, and not having to save a portfolio within hero lab and then re-importing it to Combat Manager... made Hero Lab 'Tactical Console' the better of the two incomplete options. Also, Combat Manager sometimes fails to import certain aspects and then you need to manually give current/max hit points for six creatures before combat begins... another point in favor of Hero Lab.

The functionality I miss the most of Combat Manager is applying damage (and the option of checking half damage) to groups, all in one go.
DM Genie had the full functionality of Combat Manager plus the Tactical Console, which rocked for 3.x.

Even if the enhanced functionality was offered as a purchasable option, it would be worth it for me.
Ualaa is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old November 6th, 2016, 09:42 PM
Just another post begging for this features. I use HL with D&D 5th Edition. Effects time tracking an obvious gap.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 6th, 2016, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Just another post begging for this features. I use HL with D&D 5th Edition. Effects time tracking an obvious gap.
I've wanted the time tracking options too.

However as soon as the characters reach 6th level or above then the 1 round/level buffs usually last longer than the fight.
Farling is offline   #20 Reply With Quote