Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Shalekendar

Old November 19th, 2017, 03:48 PM
Sounds like its going to be one of those stupid subscription deals. Definitely tired of waiting on these people to get this done.
Shalekendar is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old November 19th, 2017, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalekendar View Post
Sounds like its going to be one of those stupid subscription deals. Definitely tired of waiting on these people to get this done.
Want some cheese with that?
Toblakai is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Dareshiranu

Old November 23rd, 2017, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Wind View Post
Well, let's see.

Samsung Android phone? Check
Tablet in Landscape mode? Check

Looks like the answer is "yes"

So, was this screenshot from a device running HLO while connected to WiFi and thence to an internet connection? Or can it run on a mobile device when your connection is spotty? Or non-existant?

Not just for keeping track of an already designed character either, but to create a new one.
Dareshiranu is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old November 23rd, 2017, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareshiranu View Post
So, was this screenshot from a device running HLO while connected to WiFi and thence to an internet connection? Or can it run on a mobile device when your connection is spotty? Or non-existant?

Not just for keeping track of an already designed character either, but to create a new one.
A quick search of the forums will answer this question for you. (I suspect you already know the answer though)
Toblakai is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Dareshiranu

Old December 2nd, 2017, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
A quick search of the forums will answer this question for you. (I suspect you already know the answer though)

Just thought I'd point out the obvious. At least obvious to me. I've been in many locations that I'd be tempted to use HL where either or both the WiFi or Cell service was at best spotty or non-existant.

A great many people seem to think that this isn't the case and that you can just get online whenever and wherever you wish. That has not been my experience.

That is why I forked over the dough for the HL program and most of the data files.

If I can't find an electrical outlet nearby I can carry a power pack or two and get by. I can't very well carry an internet backbone around with me.
Dareshiranu is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old December 2nd, 2017, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareshiranu View Post
Just thought I'd point out the obvious. At least obvious to me. I've been in many locations that I'd be tempted to use HL where either or both the WiFi or Cell service was at best spotty or non-existant.

A great many people seem to think that this isn't the case and that you can just get online whenever and wherever you wish. That has not been my experience.

That is why I forked over the dough for the HL program and most of the data files.

If I can't find an electrical outlet nearby I can carry a power pack or two and get by. I can't very well carry an internet backbone around with me.
Yes the internet connectivity is an issue that has been discussed ad nauseam. I can say the following:

Everywhere I have played, and still play I have access to internet.

This seems true for most people with the exception of some conventions, but that is a once a year thing for a lot of people (i.e. Gencon) and since you typically don't randomly go to conventions and will plan ahead, you can always bring a paper copy.
Toblakai is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 3rd, 2017, 02:52 PM
Quote:
This seems true for most people with the exception of some conventions...
Until a survey is done, I don't think anyone should be making bold statements about what "most people" have or don't have.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old December 3rd, 2017, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Until a survey is done, I don't think anyone should be making bold statements about what "most people" have or don't have.
Too bad, I did it, I made a bold statement, sue me if you don't like it :P

Most people play at peoples homes, I have not visited someones house in the last 5 years that did not have wifi. I also have been to many gaming stores, if the gaming store didn't have wifi (haven't run into this either) my cell phone worked.

Now there will be exceptions, some people may play in the middle of pasture in the middle of the country where wifi and cell service is not available, but these will the exceptions, not the rule.
Toblakai is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 4th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Now there will be exceptions, some people may play in the middle of pasture in the middle of the country where wifi and cell service is not available, but these will the exceptions, not the rule.
If the wifi goes down then the entire game will be sunk until the internet is restored, easily wasting a game night.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 4th, 2017, 02:15 PM
If the wifi goes down you fail over to your mobile internet in most cases. You wouldn't even notice the down-time in every location I have ever gamed.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #20 Reply With Quote