Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

egg_green

Old September 2nd, 2015, 07:38 PM
I agree with Jamz; I like your example, Shadow, but I think it does look better with the bonus included next to the primary attack bonus rather than in front of the +x/+x/+x block.

I'm curious what the "H" is in your examples, though. Why not
Melee +1 greatsword +6[+8 FF]/+1 (2d6+8/19-20)
egg_green is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 2nd, 2015, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
Shadow, that could work. And not sure what you meant by negating "any" attack? Unless you are talking about turning Power Attack on "during" your iterative attack?
Yes that's what I was talking about. It was very late here when I wrote that and a long day at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
Suggestion, would the stat block be clearer with a notation like:

Melee +1 greatsword +6[FF +8H]/+1 (2d6+8/19-20)
or
Melee +1 greatsword +6[+8H FF]/+1 (2d6+8/19-20)

At first it sort of looked like a "third" attack when it sat outside the +x/+x/+x block. Just my 2 cents.
If I could do this I totally would. I was most likely not clear in that post but what you see in the statblock output is the "best" I can currently do. I can't put stuff in-between the iterative attack values. At least not without access to the skeletal files.

Same issue with the check box to add in the bonus of FF on the In-Play tab. The way HL handles attacks you can't just add a bonus to "ONE" of the iterative attack values. You add to ALL or to none.

For the question of what "[FF +8H]" means. The "H" stands for to "hit". Guess that's me showing my age as it was "to hit" not "attack" in my day. Its what I used for the help text for Power Attack for those that want to display Both Power Attack and Non-Power Attack values on a printed character sheet.

I can take the "H" off if its confusing.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; September 2nd, 2015 at 08:54 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old September 2nd, 2015, 10:31 PM
Ahh, ya, that makes sense (not being able to write in the middle of iterative attacks stat block). Didn't think of it being locked down.

So, maybe not being able to "adjust" just the first attack was the original reason it really was done this way, limitations being what they are. I can give more slack if HL doesn't allow that sort of adjustment (without more work for Colin that is).

BTW, I like the Print Out version reminder. Something like that "Inside HL" would be great (if Colin or Aaron are listening) shown under the active weapon...

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 7th, 2015, 11:04 AM
So the latest Basic Pack has this new Furious Focus adjustment. You will need to install the latest version and then turn on "ShadowChemosh Adjustments". Then on the adjust tab under 'other adjustments' look for "Feat: Furious Focus".

Once added you have four options:
All - Display the furious focus value as part of your weapon name, on a printed statblock, and as a situational note on the printed character sheet.
Statblock - Display the furious focus value only on a printed statblock.
Print - Display the furious focus value as a situational note on the printed character sheet.
Weapon - Display the furious focus value as part of your weapon name which can be useful if using a custom character sheet.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #24 Reply With Quote