Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Fenris447

Old March 15th, 2022, 12:36 PM
Just to keep everyone up to date, I have my copy of Call of the Netherdeep in hand and am already moving on its content.

Alongside this book, Release 3.6 is going to be pretty awesome. If there's official content you've been waiting to see make its way into the Community Pack, chances are good you're going to be very happy.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #981 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old March 15th, 2022, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the Update Fenris, you are Awesome...
jbearwillis is offline   #982 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 23rd, 2022, 08:38 PM
Okay folks. I'm wrapping up update 3.6, so it's preview time. I could regale you the snowball-effect-laden journey of jumping from one outstanding book to another. But I'll keep it short: every Critical Role and Magic: The Gathering-related WotC supplement is done. Like... completely. Hence the title of this update: Gathered Critters. Check out the highlights:

The Big Stuff in 3.6
  • Call of the Netherdeep - the whole thing; items, monsters, and a pair of adjustments that you'll find useful when adventuring through this Critical Role campaign.
  • Explorer's Guide to Wildemount - The monsters and items are done, completing this older book that explores the world of Critical Role
  • Mythic Odysseys of Theros - The items and monsters are done, completing this older guide to a Magic: the Gathering setting. There's also an adjustment that'll let you use the artifact weapons without worshipping the god they come from. I won't tell them if you don't.
  • Plane Shift- These mini MtG settings guides have been half-done for years. Now all the remaining monsters, (sub)races, feats, and even a subclass are finished, so we can close the book on them.
  • Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - We already did the monsters in this MtG tie-in adventure series, now we've finished them with their items.

Next Patch (3.7) and Beyond
Believe it or not, we're almost there. The only physical book that isn't completely programmed now is Acquisitions, Incorporated. And even then, it's just:
  • The items
  • The jobs within their organization and the ranks within those jobs
That's it. There's also the Nerds Restoring Harmony promotional PDF adventures. They're pretty light on content, but I'll program in the items and the more complicated monsters for them as well.

That's all for the official 5e content until Journey Through the Radiant Citadel hits in June. If I'm missing an official, released part of 5th edition, please, please tell me.

From there, I have three things I'm planning on doing:
  1. Relaxing. It's been a long couple of years working on this hobby.
  2. Working on some UA; not necessarily at the level that it's releasable into the pack, but at least to the point that I can easily pivot it once the content gets published.
  3. An extreme rarity for me and for the pack: a piece of 3rd party content. I won't say what it is, and I won't promise I'll actually figure it out. But I'll be a jerk and tease it; it's possibly the most popular 3rd-party crunch in all of 5e, and I'm at the point where I want to do it just to prove to myself I can.

As for other 3rd party content, I'm going to stick to the policy outlined here.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #983 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old March 28th, 2022, 08:58 AM
The update is live! Here's the full patch notes.

V3.6 - Gathered Critters - 3/27/2022

MAJOR ADDITIONS
  • Call of the Netherdeep
    • Adjustments - The Fragments of Suffering and a Ruidium Corruption tracker added.
    • Items - All added.
    • Monsters - All added. Wild Shape of the young horizonback tortoise added. Also added racial templates for NPC firbolgs and goliaths.
  • Explorer's Guide to Wildemount
    • Items - All added, including all Vestiges of Divergence and the Stahlmaster vehicle.
    • Monsters - All added. Wild shapes added for eligible monsters.
  • Magic: The Gathering
    • Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Added all items.
    • Innistrad - Added remaining monsters.
    • Ixalan - Added all monsters, wild shape for eligible creatures. Added all player races/subraces. Added feat.
    • Kaladesh - Added all monsters, wild shape for eligible creatures, Pyromancer Sorcerer subclass. Added all player races/subraces. Added both feats.
    • Zendikar - Adjusted some races to act as base races compatible with Ixalan subraces.
  • Mythic Odysseys of Theros
    • All items added. Added "Ignore Theros Artifact Restrictions" adjustment to allow full benefits of the Artifact weapons without the prescribed deity.
    • All monsters added. Theran Chimeras have a new tab to customize them.
MINOR ADDITIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, & CHANGES
  • DMG - Removed the 0/0 tracker from Wand of the War Mage. Updated Mariner's Armor and replaced Ring of Swimming, both to actually grant their described swim speeds.
  • ERftLW - Added "Artificer Infusions - Make Printable" adjustment, which will let you include them when printing/outputting your Artificer hero.
  • MTG - Race overhaul; tweaked and completed all Plane Shift races.
  • PHB - Hid Arcane Sword in favor of Mage's Sword. They are the same, and are Hero Lab's version of Mordenkainen's Sword. Added a workaround for the Mage Armor adjustment (see Known Issues).
  • XGTE - Added note to Prodigy Feat to clarify how to alter chosen proficiencies.
BUGS & CORRECTIONS
  • General - Typo fixes
  • ERftLW - Fixed Homunculus Servant summary text and minion sources
  • FToD - Fixed Monk subclass to not give Merciful Mask feature. Altered Gold Canary figurine's name to match that of the other wondrous figurines. Fixed Draconic Transformation and Platinum Shield adjustments to show the right spells.
  • VRGtR - Fixed bugged CR on Death's Head.
NEW KNOWN ISSUES
  • PHB - The Mage Armor adjustment, once turned off, will persist until you do something that modifies your AC (change your Dex, add armor, etc.)
  • See Known Issues page on the 5e Community Pack Github for previous known issues.

Fenris447 is offline   #984 Reply With Quote
The Regulator

Old April 18th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Hello,

I am a long time user and noticed, after downloading Hero Lab license to a new PC, I have lost content. I know you have a monthly subscription now, but this is not cool at all. What do I do to get my old content back on my new PC?

Old Screen shots and new screen shots attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Old.jpg (110.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg New.jpg (118.2 KB, 6 views)
The Regulator is offline   #985 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old April 25th, 2022, 11:29 PM
It appears that you need to reinstall the community pack. It is located here.
https://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55090
Provos is offline   #986 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 25th, 2022, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Regulator View Post
Hello,

I am a long time user and noticed, after downloading Hero Lab license to a new PC, I have lost content. I know you have a monthly subscription now, but this is not cool at all. What do I do to get my old content back on my new PC?

Old Screen shots and new screen shots attached.
HLC - the standard HL does not have subscriptions. If you had paid packages before, you'll need to move the files from your old system, or download them again from the LW website and/or using the updates in HL itself.
If its all the 5th ed community content missing - you will will need to download it again.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #987 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old May 15th, 2022, 05:22 PM
Mule carry capacity is wrong in the program it should be 420 lbs but comes up 120 lbs in the program. There is a its carrying capacity is 2 × 15 lbs × Strength = 420 lbs.
Provos is offline   #988 Reply With Quote
Sorris

Old June 5th, 2022, 06:24 PM
Any idea when gunslinger (and the aplicable firearms) will be updated to the new version? and when the giant options UA will be added?
Sorris is offline   #989 Reply With Quote
phumyexpress

Old June 5th, 2022, 11:15 PM
Thank you for this
phumyexpress is offline   #990 Reply With Quote