Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aldaron

Old April 25th, 2014, 06:10 AM
...but why is the "Import Stock Hero..." option been moved to the "Develop" menu? It would seem to make more sense to me to put it in the Gamemaster menu, along with the Encounter Builder, so that you have the quick option to choose to use the EB or simply go and grab a character from a set (eg: the NPC Codex, or a particular splatbook, or whatever).

It's not a big deal, but it took a bit to find it first time around.
Aldaron is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 25th, 2014, 06:12 AM
Is THAT where that thing went? I was playing around a bit yesterday and noticed it wasn't where it used to be, but didn't have time to go looking for it.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 25th, 2014, 02:26 PM
It is our intention that Hero Lab users looking to use stock portfolios will access them through the Encounter Builder. It will be just as fast if not faster to search for a stock portfolio through the Encounter Builder.

That's why "Import Stock Hero" is no longer as accessible. I hope that clarifies things!
liz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aldaron

Old April 25th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
It is our intention that Hero Lab users looking to use stock portfolios will access them through the Encounter Builder. It will be just as fast if not faster to search for a stock portfolio through the Encounter Builder.

That's why "Import Stock Hero" is no longer as accessible. I hope that clarifies things!
Well, it's still there (fortunately), just in a different spot.

Can I ask why not leave both options, however? Quite often I will want to add a NPC but I want to browse through the options from a particular splatbook in HL, rather than have to haul out 20 kg of hard-copy books and page through them to find a NPC and then go search for them in EB. This is especially true if I'm, say, on a train or plane and wanting to kill some time buy building some stock encounters I can use.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this - but whatever the case, even if you don't keep "Import Stock Hero" in the Gamemaster menu option, PLEASE don't remove it!
Aldaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 26th, 2014, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the reply, Liz! For my part, it doesn't matter where it is so long as I can use it. I just "lost" it when it got moved.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old April 26th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaron View Post
Well, it's still there (fortunately), just in a different spot.

Can I ask why not leave both options, however? Quite often I will want to add a NPC but I want to browse through the options from a particular splatbook in HL, rather than have to haul out 20 kg of hard-copy books and page through them to find a NPC and then go search for them in EB. This is especially true if I'm, say, on a train or plane and wanting to kill some time buy building some stock encounters I can use.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this - but whatever the case, even if you don't keep "Import Stock Hero" in the Gamemaster menu option, PLEASE don't remove it!
I tested this yesterday after Liz' reply. When you open the encounter builder, you can type in the splatbook you want to search, and it will filter out all creatures/npcs not from that splatbook.
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aldaron

Old April 26th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur View Post
I tested this yesterday after Liz' reply. When you open the encounter builder, you can type in the splatbook you want to search, and it will filter out all creatures/npcs not from that splatbook.
I appreciate that, but sometimes it's nice to just browse. My point is, I guess, that I'm not asking for anything to be added, just that it would be nice if an already-extant option could remain.
Aldaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote