Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mmurphy

Old August 23rd, 2013, 06:35 PM
Is there a way to delete or rename the existing tags? For example, the Race tag has Aasimar, Fetchling, kobold, etc that do not exist in my world. I want to delete them, or just rename them (catman for example).

I see I can add but I would prefer to not have all the 'extra' ones.

Thanks.
Mmurphy is offline   #1
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:53 PM
Doesn't look like you can delete them, but you can rename them.

Click Manage -> Tags

Select desired tag, change name on right side of screen.

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #2
curufea

Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:11 PM
It's greyed out though so it may not be long before you can delete tags.
curufea is offline   #3
DeckOfManyThings

Old August 24th, 2013, 07:02 AM
This bug should be fixed in the next patch (we were told)
DeckOfManyThings is offline   #4
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 24th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curufea View Post
It's greyed out though so it may not be long before you can delete tags.
I clicked on the hammer and spanner to the right of the tags and clicked delete tag... (The only option right now!)
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #5
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 25th, 2013, 12:03 AM
You'll be able to hide the pre-defined tags that you don't want in an upcoming release, just like you can hide categories, section types, and facet types.

Please do NOT rename tags to give them a completely different meaning. I just discovered that the warning text about doing that was not included in the release. That will be added shortly. But it's important that you not change the meaning of a tag. The reason for this will be explained, but I'm too tired to detail it all coherently here now.
rob is offline   #6
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 25th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
I clicked on the hammer and spanner to the right of the tags and clicked delete tag... (The only option right now!)
Ah, just thought... When I did that, it was to tags *I* had created, but I've not tried it on pre-constructed content. (Which is probably not a good idea!)

Also, you can hide tags if you are not going to use them. (I'm not sure how though...)
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #7
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 27th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Hiding tags you don't want to use is not yet fully implemented, but it's something we're working on right now.
Joe is offline   #8
Daelda

Old August 27th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
You'll be able to hide the pre-defined tags that you don't want in an upcoming release, just like you can hide categories, section types, and facet types.

Please do NOT rename tags to give them a completely different meaning. I just discovered that the warning text about doing that was not included in the release. That will be added shortly. But it's important that you not change the meaning of a tag. The reason for this will be explained, but I'm too tired to detail it all coherently here now.
What if you have already done that... I know that I have changed at least a couple of the Race tags....

Would changing them back fix whatever the problem is? If so, can I get a list of what should be there?
Daelda is offline   #9
DeckOfManyThings

Old August 27th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daelda View Post
What if you have already done that... I know that I have changed at least a couple of the Race tags....

Would changing them back fix whatever the problem is? If so, can I get a list of what should be there?
Uh yeah, this.

I've completely renamed all the races, as well as added a couple dozen more. I have no idea what was supposed to be what.
DeckOfManyThings is offline   #10