Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

kbs666

Old January 7th, 2017, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Remember, Rob. Next year, use a meat thermometer, and cook that turkey or ham to 165° F. :-p

(Disclaimer: If I'm right about why you had multiple hospital stays, no I'm not spying on you. I've just heard stories about how food poisoning affects people and how much it weakens them.)
Food poisoning is bad, and can be fatal, but there are a lot of nasty things out there. I've had pneumonia so bad I spent a week in the ICU. It took months to get back to normal.

I'm just glad Rob is feeling better.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 7th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I've had friends get really bad food poisoning. And I got it myself a zillion years ago. I can assure you that, if given the opportunity, I would have EAGERLY taken food poisoning instead of what I ended up with.
Just keep an eye on those doctors and nurses. I had a nurse try to kill me with carelessness once, and now I'm not exaggerating or being melodramatic. Had I not stopped her, there's a real possibility she could have killed me. My knowledge was based on very specific directives I had been given by other medical staff. I wasn't making assumptions or getting medical advice from the intarwebs.

When I stopped her and told what she was doing wrong, she started arguing with me. I had to kick her out of my room and ask for a different nurse.

I had multiple confirmations from trained medical staff, before and after this incident, that yeah, her carelessness could have put my life in real danger.

So be diligent, Rob. Pay attention, ask questions, and don't be afraid to assert your patient's rights if you think something might be out of sorts. (I say this with the knowledge that you have an intelligent, reasonable, logical, discerning mind. I'm NOT saying "DON'T EVER TRUST ANY DOCTORS OR NURSES EVAR!" Just be alert, be aware, and ask questions when you don't understand something.)
EightBitz is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old January 12th, 2017, 11:35 AM
I bet he caught that "E-bowler" that was going around.

All seriousness, I'm glad you're on the mend. Don't put yourself back in the hospital trying to do too much at once.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #13 Reply With Quote