Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

roachvan

Old February 25th, 2010, 07:16 AM
I can't shut the pop-up for units off.
I have turned the tool tips off and still get them.

What am I doing wrong?
roachvan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old February 25th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Same with me. I've tried everything.
gilvagor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
E_S

Old February 25th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Same here.
E_S is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 25th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Hi guys,

I added the additional unit info pop-ups in AB3.2b. The intent for the feature was to always show the special unit info, even when tooltips were disabled - my thinking was that even if you didn't want to see the "press the delete button to delete a unit" tips for new users, you'd still want to see the information about a unit when you moused over it.

However, based on the posts here, I'm wondering if there are changes we should make to how this feature works. Are the unit info popups you saw annoying, or were just unexpected? Do they bother you just on the "Available Units" grid, or just over the "Roster" tree, or on both? Do you like the idea, or just not want to see the unit info tips at all?

We will definitely be making the following changes in a future patch:
  • Moving the tooltip so that it doesn't make it harder to see the unit you're looking at.
  • Making sure the "right-click on a row to display unit information for that row" tooltip that appears if you hover over an empty area does NOT appear if tooltips are disabled.
  • Adding the ability to turn the the new "unit info" tooltips off altogether, if you just don't like the feature.

If those changes were made, would you still want to use the feature? Or would you simply turn it off, because you never want to see info for units you mouse over?

Thanks for your feedback on this - if there are problems with this feature, we'd like to get them solved and improve the usability of AB for everyone.
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rockrapper

Old February 25th, 2010, 04:32 PM
How about you just do a quick emergency patch to turn them off and then have this debate ?

For future reference it may be wise to always allow the user base the option to utilise a feature rather than making it mandatory.
rockrapper is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
roachvan

Old February 25th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I find it annoying.
Because, I'll shift the units around with the drag drop and it keeps popping up.
Plus as a long time user I know what the units are and don't need a reminder.
On the whole it's great for new users, but it would be better if you added the ability to turn it off for us pros.
roachvan is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old February 25th, 2010, 06:50 PM
I have to agree. It should be disableable (if that's a word). I personally find it a bit annoying.
gilvagor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
HoldenA

Old February 26th, 2010, 01:22 AM
I don't mind at all but I'm someone that would always want it on.
HoldenA is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 26th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback so far. We're looking to get a new release out early next week to correct this issue, so for those of you that don't like the feature - what don't you like about it? Do you never want to see it at all? Would it be useful if it worked slightly differently? Is there anything you do like about it that we should keep or improve?

Having this information will let us make the most improvement to the feature and keep it useful for as many of you as possible.

Thanks!
Colen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old February 27th, 2010, 05:03 AM
I just don't care for it at all to be honest. I find it actually covers up what I'm looking at. I'm not a big fan of tool tips to begin with though.

I'm sure there are users out there that like it so you should have it be able to be disabled.
gilvagor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote