Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EldritchWeaver

Old September 11th, 2016, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
If the race's casting abilities allow it to choose talents (such as with a Destructive Elemental), you enter values into the Talents Known array on the Race Talent Setup for the race. The creature will gain the number of talents corresponding with their HD, and this will stack with any talents they gain from levels in spherecasting classes.
What values do I need to enter into Talents Known? And how do I set drawbacks and boon? I didn't find the place where I am supposed to bootstrap them in.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old September 11th, 2016, 01:20 PM
For Talents Known, you enter the total number of talents the creature gets at each hit die. The array is 0-indexed, so for Hit Die #X you enter the number at Row X-1.

So for example, if you're making something like an ogre-magi that gets 1 talent at its 1st HD and then another every odd HD, you'd put 1 in Row 0 and Row 1, 2 in Row 2 and Row 3, 3 in Row 4 and Row 5, and so on.

Incidentally, this is also how the Class Talent Setup works for casting classes.

For Boons and Drawbacks that are intended to be inherent to the race, you can bootstrap those to the race/template, or to the Race Talent Setup. Like talents, they will need to be bootstrapped with the CustTaken.cfgSoPTal tag. If a Drawback should not grant a bonus talent, add the tag SphOfPow.NoBnTalent to the Drawback as well.
TheIronGolem is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old September 11th, 2016, 01:32 PM
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Can you please check this file?
Attached Files
File Type: email SpheresOfPowerBestiary.user (7.5 KB, 1 views)
EldritchWeaver is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old September 11th, 2016, 03:31 PM
You need to bootstrap the Casting ability itself (abSoPCast) to the race.

Also, I see that in the Race Talent Setup for this critter, you've only filled out the first four rows, presumably because it only has 4 HD. But remember that HD advancement is a thing, and these rows are not additive. That means if you add even one extra HD to the creature, it will lose its magic talent. So even if it never gains any more talents then it should still have a 1 in every row.
TheIronGolem is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old September 11th, 2016, 10:46 PM
Adding that bootstrap only helped partially. Despite having a 1 in every row of the Talents Known array and having 4 HD, I am only granted one magic talent.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 11th, 2016, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
Adding that bootstrap only helped partially. Despite having a 1 in every row of the Talents Known array and having 4 HD, I am only granted one magic talent.
A 1 in every row means you are only granting one magic talent.

If you want to add an additional talent every 3rd level then rows will need to be set to 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, etc.
Farling is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old September 12th, 2016, 07:54 AM
Yes, sorry, that's what I meant by the rows not being additive. It's not "you gain this many talents at this level", it's "this is the total number of talents this class/race gives you at this level".
TheIronGolem is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old September 12th, 2016, 01:05 PM
I should read really everything. *facedesks*

Ok, while that part works, there is still a bug left. Namely the 2 bonus magic talents aren't granted when choosing the race.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Kaleb

Old September 13th, 2016, 02:14 AM
I am trying to make a Phylactery of Positive Energy for Warpriests I cannot find the Warpriest Channel energy ability on the class/class special tab.

The Phylactry of positive Engery does not work for the warpriest because the Helper in the Eval Script is different from the Wapriest Helper. Where do I find the right Helper?

if (field[gIsEquip].value <> 0) then
foreach pick in hero from Ability where "Helper.ChannelPos"
eachpick.field[abValue2].value += 2
nexteach
endif
Kaleb is offline   #19 Reply With Quote