Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Killchrono

Old September 8th, 2016, 02:52 AM
I'm having trouble adding the ability to gain a familiar to a custom sorcerer bloodline. I've tried tracing it in the Arcane Bloodline in the Custom Ability tab, but I can't find it; the only thing I can find are some lines in the eval scripts, but I'm not the best at the coding, so I'm unsure as to how it works and if it's even related.

As a bonus question, part of the bloodline is that they're supposed to receive a special familiar (a baby phoenix) as part of it that upgrades into a new one (an adult phoenix) at level 9. I still need to create the custom familiars, but how would I go about setting it so they can only choose the one familiar and then the upgrade later?
Killchrono is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 8th, 2016, 12:54 PM
What the Arcane bloodline is doing is setting up one of the tables to be used to select a wizards arcane bond, only one of which is the Familiar option. If you want the selection of the familiar to be automatic, you'd be better served to look at the Arcane Bond (Familiar) wizard custom special ability.

As for limiting what familiars you may choose, that's handled by CompList tags. You can create a new one for this bloodline and have it forwarded to the class you add the bloodline to (look at the Monkey Domain for an example). When you create your baby pheonix race, give it the same CompList tag, and the CompIs.cArcFamil tag.

As for the transformation between baby and adult, I assume it's not identical to the bestiary phoenix race (because having a CR 15 pet at 9th level seems OP as hell), so I would set up an eval script on the baby race to trigger whatever alterations are appropriate once you hit the correct level.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Killchrono

Old September 8th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Haha yes, it's not a full-sized bestiary phoenix, it's going to be a small monster with stats equivalent to an improved familiar.

Thanks for the advice, I've played around and I have a few more questions ala your suggestions.

I've created a custom Arcane Bond in the Custom Ability tab, but in the custom bloodline I cannot add it to the Class Special Abilities button like most of the other bloodline abilities. Do I need to add it elsewhere?

Ala CompList tags, I haven't used them yet. Whereabouts would I go adding them? I looked at the Monkey domain as you suggested but I couldn't find the relevant area.

And finally, I'm still very bad at Evalscripts, would there be an equivalent example I could look at for triggering the alterations between the baby phoenix to the adult one?
Killchrono is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 9th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killchrono View Post
Haha yes, it's not a full-sized bestiary phoenix, it's going to be a small monster with stats equivalent to an improved familiar.

Thanks for the advice, I've played around and I have a few more questions ala your suggestions.

I've created a custom Arcane Bond in the Custom Ability tab, but in the custom bloodline I cannot add it to the Class Special Abilities button like most of the other bloodline abilities. Do I need to add it elsewhere?
If you copied the Arcane Bond to create your new bloodline, did you switch the "Available to Classes" tags from Wizard to Sorcerer? It's one of the first buttons in the central column of the editor.

Quote:
Ala CompList tags, I haven't used them yet. Whereabouts would I go adding them? I looked at the Monkey domain as you suggested but I couldn't find the relevant area.
You need to define the tag first. On your new bloodline, hit the blue "tags" button in the upper right. Add a new tag, and for Tag Group enter "CompList" and for Tag ID enter whatever you like, perhaps the unique ID for this bloodline. The Monkey domain has an eval script which pushes it's own CompList tag to the class it is added to, so you can copy that.

Quote:
And finally, I'm still very bad at Evalscripts, would there be an equivalent example I could look at for triggering the alterations between the baby phoenix to the adult one?
I don't know what changes would be needed, so I can't really point you at anything specific.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote