Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works in Action

Notices

daplunk

Old January 23rd, 2018, 03:11 PM
Hi Team,

A few of us in the Facebook group have been cooking up a Community Project that will result in a huge realm that will be offered for free to anyone who wants it and eventually open to anyone who wants to participate.

The ProFantasy community have been running a Community Atlas Project for about a year now where they are making maps to contribute to a massive atlas. It's an amazing resource with many talented cartographers involved.

As it turns out a few of those cartographers use Realm Works as well. So we are looking to extend the original project into the Realm Works space. Some of the cartographers have given permission to use their maps to the Realm Works community so we can bring the world to life with history, races, dungeons, cities, npcs, etc.

We have been running this for about 2-3 weeks already and we already have some amazing content and discussion taking place. We have been running in isolation within a private Facebook group though; the platform was not suitable to a project of this scale. We have just moved the project to a dedicated forum and I'm looking to scale up the participants so we can stress test it a bit and capture more questions and concerns with how this will all work.

It is working well so far by the way. The import / export capabilities of Realm Works is standing up quite nicely although I'm sure we will find a way to break it With multiple people inputting content into a single realm there has to be a gotcha somewhere haha.

So if you have some free time to contribute to the project please send me a PM. It doesn't have to be a lot of time. You may volunteer to document a single Inn or business within one of the cities, create a small dungeon, or you can jump right in and take on a whole region.

I'm looking for about 5 volunteers at this time with the objective of opening this up to the public within a few weeks.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old January 23rd, 2018, 04:31 PM
OK Plunk, Ill bite first, what would you need from me, I am still fairly novice with CC3+ but I adapt and learn quickly?
ErinRigh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 23rd, 2018, 06:50 PM
No CC3+ experience is necessary. Would be awesome to have more cartographers helping of you do have the software but really the focus is Realm Works.

We have maps of quite a few of the locations and people to help make them of you need a specific map. What we are looking for is content. People to help flesh out the world. Document something that players might be interested in interacting with.

We have people discussing the calendar, the weather, certain races and sub cultures, creating npcs, story hooks, etc.

Basically we want GMs to jump into a community pool of GMs and do their thing. The difference is all the collaboration is being brought back to a single realm and the output will be a campaign world built by the community and for the community.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 28th, 2018, 04:48 AM
Do you want this specifically for 5e?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old January 28th, 2018, 05:12 AM
I am the one currently fleshing out the Magumul Empire pictured above. We are creating the Realm in a system neutral setting to allow GMs to easily fit it into the game system they use, so nothing is specifically 5e or Pathfinder or any other rule set for that matter.
GThiel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old February 17th, 2018, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Do you want this specifically for 5e?
We are trying to make this as System Neutral as possible, so it won't matter if you prefer Pathfinder (yeah pathfinder!!) or 5e (boo hiss)
GThiel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old February 18th, 2018, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GThiel View Post
We are trying to make this as System Neutral as possible, so it won't matter if you prefer Pathfinder (yeah pathfinder!!) or 5e (boo hiss)
I won't knock 5E as I've never played it, and it's proponents say it is GREAT, and I have not see a real detractor of the system itself.

That said, I think Warlocks of the Coast should bite our collective arses after the abomination that they tried to force on us in 4th edition, and the crap with the spellplague. They totally lost me and everybody I know with that move.
ErinRigh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 18th, 2018, 11:48 AM
I own both. There's nothing wrong with 5e. It is certainly a return to what most people consider D&D after 4e. The problem for me is my shelf full of Pathfinder and the clearly superior ongoing support by Paizo makes switching to 5e less than appealing coupled with my distrust of Hasbro/WotC that they will continue to support5e if I do buy into it while I can count on Paizo.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old February 18th, 2018, 12:37 PM
What was the spellplague?
Bidmaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote