Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

catman123456

Old September 11th, 2016, 01:15 PM
The sphere cleric is not giving the bonus death sphere for inflict.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SC.jpg (435.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg SC 2.jpg (406.4 KB, 4 views)
catman123456 is offline   #151 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old September 11th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman123456 View Post
The sphere cleric is not giving the bonus death sphere for inflict.
I'm guessing that character is Evil, and his positive/negative selector is set to Positive (even though it's hidden).

There's more information in this post, but the short version is, "I can't fix it, but you can straighten it out by temporarily making the character Neutral and setting their channeling selector to match the Life/Death choice".
TheIronGolem is offline   #152 Reply With Quote
catman123456

Old September 11th, 2016, 02:37 PM
Thanks that worked
catman123456 is offline   #153 Reply With Quote
FreeBooter

Send a message via Skype™ to FreeBooter

Old September 22nd, 2016, 10:19 AM
Ok, one more bug I've found regarding the Necromantic Focus Cleric ability: When selecting additional talents, Hero Lab seems to think that I've already got the Death sphere (for a positive-channeling cleric), and I get access to the Death sphere talents, but not the sphere itself. The problem is reversed when selecting negative energy channeling, with the Life Sphere unavailable, but its talents showing up as available.
FreeBooter is offline   #154 Reply With Quote
FreeBooter

Old September 22nd, 2016, 10:45 AM
Replying to myself here... I managed to fix the issue by removing the bootstraps for the spheres from the Necromantic Focus class special and increasing the secondary ability count by 1 in the archetype. This might not quite be RAW, since it allows you to select another Life Talent if you already have the sphere when gaining lvl 1 as cleric, but for a single-class cleric, it seems to work fine.
FreeBooter is offline   #155 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old September 22nd, 2016, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBooter View Post
Replying to myself here... I managed to fix the issue by removing the bootstraps for the spheres from the Necromantic Focus class special and increasing the secondary ability count by 1 in the archetype. This might not quite be RAW, since it allows you to select another Life Talent if you already have the sphere when gaining lvl 1 as cleric, but for a single-class cleric, it seems to work fine.
DDS has confirmed to me that when a class grants a bonus sphere and you already have that sphere before taking levels in that class, you instead gain a bonus talent from that sphere. So if I understand your workaround correctly, it's fine by RAW, single-class or not.

That said, I am working on a new way to handle "bonus" spheres, because this business with bootstrapping the sphere just isn't cutting it.
TheIronGolem is offline   #156 Reply With Quote
FreeBooter

Old September 22nd, 2016, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
DDS has confirmed to me that when a class grants a bonus sphere and you already have that sphere before taking levels in that class, you instead gain a bonus talent from that sphere. So if I understand your workaround correctly, it's fine by RAW, single-class or not.

That said, I am working on a new way to handle "bonus" spheres, because this business with bootstrapping the sphere just isn't cutting it.
Thanks for the quick response! And since the bootstrapping seems to confuse HL's handling of prerequisites in this case, I guess I'll use my workaround for now. I like my evil cleric NPCs to be able to both use death magic and heal their allies.

To clarify the solution I used:

1. Create a new data file.
2. Make a new class special, "Necromantic Focus (modified)", created as a copy of "Necromantic Focus" (the SoP one, of course).
3. Remove both bootstraps from the new class special, then save it.
4. Make a new archetype, "Sphere Cleric (modified)", created as a copy of "Sphere Cleric".
5. Change the "Modified secondary ability count" array by increasing the values by 1 at every odd level (including 1).
6. Change the "Necromantic Focus" class special ability to point to the ability created in step 2 instead of the original one.
FreeBooter is offline   #157 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old September 22nd, 2016, 04:17 PM
Destroyer's Handbook data package is now on DrivethruRPG!

Hero Lab files only
Hero Lab files plus Destroyer's Handbook PDF (with a bundle discount)
TheIronGolem is offline   #158 Reply With Quote
Quemius

Old September 27th, 2016, 05:15 PM
I have been using the SOP files on my Mac, but now want to use them on my iPad. How do I put them onto my iPad, and set them up for Hero Lab to access them?

(I asked Drop Dead, but he didn't know)

Thanks everyone!
Quemius is offline   #159 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 27th, 2016, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quemius View Post
I have been using the SOP files on my Mac, but now want to use them on my iPad. How do I put them onto my iPad, and set them up for Hero Lab to access them?

(I asked Drop Dead, but he didn't know)

Thanks everyone!
You need to get the .hl file onto the iPad. You could email the file to yourself or use dropbox or anything to get it onto the iPad. Once there have HL app open the file which will install it.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #160 Reply With Quote