Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DarokinB

Old December 5th, 2009, 10:47 AM
When i create a custom ability to add to a class, i am getting an error once i implement the class. The error is not picked up on when i test the class, but only once i add it to a character. The error reads:

Linkage pick 'table' not located for current context
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'CaseCustSp' (Eval Script #1) near line 14

I found that if i add a Source to the ability, the error no longer appears, however the ability does not appear on the character either.

What can i do to resolve this?

PS: The context of this is that i am creating the Radiant Servant of Pelor, and trying to create the Radiance special ability.

I created a custom ability named Radiance (cRSoPradia), and boot strapped it into the class, without any pre-requisites, because it is earned at first level.
DarokinB is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DarokinB

Old December 5th, 2009, 01:18 PM
In addition to that, i'm having a hard time figuring out how to add a bonus domain to a cleric class, as part of the radiant servant. If anyone has done this already, it would be nice to know how.

Thanks again!
DarokinB is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 5th, 2009, 04:05 PM
In the editor, there are two different tabs for the abilities that classes use. The first is Class Special, the second is Custom Ability. Class specials are abilities that every member of a class gains, and each is defined with a source that tells it what class it belongs to, and a level, to define the level it's gained at.

Custom Abilities are the optional abilities for a class - rogue talents, horizon walker terrains, etc. They cannot be bootstrapped to a class - their code looks up the table they were added to to find out what class they are on (since classes are allowed to share custom abilities).

Here's a previous thread on Radiant Servant, which covers adding the extra domain:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...adiant+servant

Last edited by Mathias; December 5th, 2009 at 04:27 PM.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
DarokinB

Old December 7th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Well, that solved half my problem. The other half is i am trying to add abilities to other things, and have them go onto the character, and it is giving me an error.

For instance, right now i am doing a weapon of legacy, which has gone great so far. Enhancement bonuses change, hit points change, saves change, etc. But when i go to add a special ability, i am having a problem. Here are the steps i am taking:

1) I create a custom ability called "Soul's Guidance" (cExorSoul)
a) In it i mark it as a charged item (its used once a day)
b) I set its ability type to Su
c) I Classify it as an attack

2) I boot strap the custom ability to my weapon (Exordius).

3) Compile.

The error i get is the following:

Linkage pick 'table' not located for current context
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseCustSp' (Eval Script '#1') near line 16
- - -

If i change the abilities "Source" To something (I set it to a "Weapon of Legacy" source) the error disappears, but the ability no longer appears on the character, which it did before.

This error is happening on a bunch of different things, non-class related, mostly feats and magic items.

Thanks!
DarokinB is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DarokinB

Old December 7th, 2009, 09:43 AM
AH HA! I figured out my problem, they shouldn't be custom abilities, but Special's!!

Give me enough time and i'll figure it out!

Thanks again!
DarokinB is offline   #5 Reply With Quote