Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

goddelusion

Old September 28th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Originally posted on the Paizo forums and cross-posted here to see if the lads at Lone Wolf have any 'inside information'.
I recently purchased Hero Lab to use for two PFRPG APs and as an aid when I GM PFS events in Grand Rapids. As I also have a current subscription to the PFRPG adventures and APs, I was wondering if the fine folks at Paizo had any plans of providing the HL portfolios for the major NPCs in either of these product lines as a download on their site? As HL is the official character generator tool for PFRPG, I would assume that at least one developer in-house is using this tool on some level.
goddelusion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 28th, 2010, 08:31 AM
All of the pregens from the back of adventure paths 25+ are available, along with most of the statblocks from the companion line. (The pre-gens from adventure paths 1-24 are available in the d20 game system in HL, since they were written with 3.5 rules).

Please try Hero Lab out in demo mode - you won't be restricted from opening up the adventure path pre-gens while you're in demo mode, and you can see what's available. You can download the demo at http://wolflair.com/index.php?context=hero_lab.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
bittergeek

Old September 28th, 2010, 08:50 AM
OK, so where do I find them? I tried looking in import stock hero, but all I saw there was critters and NPCs (Player Companion), which had 14 folks only, none of which looked like NPCs I'd encountered in recent AP adventuring. Is there some setting I need to check to get them to appear?
bittergeek is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 28th, 2010, 09:07 AM
The pre-generated PCs are available as normal portfolios - you'll find them in the portfolios/pathfinder folder - just open them as you would any other saved portfolio.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old September 28th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The pre-generated PCs are available as normal portfolios - you'll find them in the portfolios/pathfinder folder - just open them as you would any other saved portfolio.

I think he is more interested in the NPC encounters in the AP and modules.
Dragnmoon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 28th, 2010, 12:04 PM
The encounters haven't been added. They would be great to have, but that's a very large chunk of effort, and we haven't been able to fit that into the schedule.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old September 28th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The encounters haven't been added. They would be great to have, but that's a very large chunk of effort, and we haven't been able to fit that into the schedule.

But will you?... It is one thing to say No, never going to happen, and another to say, once we have the time, yes it will be added.
Dragnmoon is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 28th, 2010, 12:37 PM
They haven't made it onto the firm part of the schedule, so I can't promise, but they are something we would like to add to Hero Lab, so we'll do our best to make that happen, but there are so many competing priorities that I can't say when that might happen.

We do our best to provide those things that would be of the most use to the most users (and admittedly, we can't always judge that perfectly), and over the years, this project has gotten fewer requests than many other things, so it hasn't risen to the top of the priority list yet.

For this project specifically, a required step before adding many of the encounters is adding at least some content from the Tome of Horrors series by Necromancer games - Paizo seems to like making use of those books for their adventure path encounters.
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old September 28th, 2010, 12:58 PM
You may be aware of this, But the APs are the best selling products for Paizo *Though the RPG products are quickly gaining*, so that should give you an idea of the potential there.
Dragnmoon is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old September 28th, 2010, 07:17 PM
I have done some of these for 2nd Darkness but I made changes to make them toughfer

Last edited by Virtue; September 28th, 2010 at 07:21 PM.
Virtue is offline   #10 Reply With Quote