Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Aaron

Old March 23rd, 2016, 10:55 AM
Thanks for your patience everyone, enjoy the new stuff below!

Enhancements & Changes
  • Added 70 monsters from the SRD!
  • Stock portfolios and the Encounter Builder are now available! This will make it quicker and easier for GMs to build encounters for 5e with Hero Lab.
  • Tool proficiencies and languages now show on the Skills & Feats summary panel.
  • Users can now adjust racial HP for NPC races.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a typo in the Barbarian "Frenzy" ability summary
  • Unselected menus in inactive abilities (for example, the Spell Mastery ability for a first level Wizard) are no longer displayed in red.
  • The Adventurer's League ID could not be displayed correctly.
  • Helper feats bootstrapped to a feat added to the racial feat table were costing their own slot.
  • The Trance ability was not showing on the specials tab and printout.
  • Full Casters at 10th level were getting 1 too many 6th level spell slots.
  • Rogues at 10th level and higher were getting half as many attribute increases/feats as they were entitled to.
  • Monk Martial Arts damage was too high at higher levels.
  • Bardic Inspiration was getting 1 more use than it should have been.
  • Jack of All Trades should have been applying half the proficiency bonus to Initiative.
  • The copy of Magical Secrets added by the College of Lore at 6th level was not expanding the spell list of the bard to allow the chosen spell.
  • Magical Secrets was not interacting correctly when selecting a cantrip.
  • Backgrounds that had tool proficiencies were not granting them to the hero.
  • Two-handed weapons were causing the hero to show as having something equipped in the off hand after being unequipped.
  • Some backgrounds with custom abilities could have the name of their custom abilities cut off.
  • Vicious Mockery was showing as a wizard spell.
  • A riding horse wasn't adding the mount when purchased.
  • Configurables were showing a misspent language error.
  • When creating a race in the editor, you couldn't specify their saves.
  • The weight for sling bullets was wrong.
  • Silvered weapons and ammunition were missing.
  • The <i>dwarven thrower</i> was sorting out of order.
  • Damage resistances and immunities and condition immunities weren't being displayed on the character sheet.
  • The AC from Draconic Resilience and the <i>robes of the archmagi</i> were stacking incorrectly.
  • The size for creatures that aren't medium is now printed on the character sheet.
  • Magic ammunition now correctly tracks how many pieces of ammunition were added on the in-play tab, and uses the "add new stack" behavior by default when added.

Data File Authoring
  • Added CountActiv to the ChargeCalc tag group. When added to a special the charges will be set to the number of active copies on the hero. For example, if a class special with ChargeCalc.CountActiv is bootstrapped at 1st, 5th, and 10th level, it will have 1 charge at 1st-4th level, 2 charges at 5th-9th, and 3 charges at 10th and above. ChargeCalc.CountActiv is the least powerful tag of the group, any other tags like ChargeCalc.HitDieFull override it if both are present.
  • Added the ChargeCalc.FinalMin1 and ChargeAttr.Minimum1 tags, which are variations on the existing minimum tag. ChargeCalc.Minimum1 (the original) causes the minimum of base charges (those gained based on number of HD or levels) to be 1. ChargeAttr.Minimum1 causes the number of charges from a selected attribute to be no less than 1. ChargeCalc.FinalMin1 ensures that the summ of base and attribute charges is no less than 1.
  • The wTarget field can now be directly set for an item.
  • Editor improvements for adjustments: An adjustment's category can now be set within the editor. The adjustment's menus can now be restricted to choosing from picks on the hero or things as well.
Aaron is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Maikera

Old March 23rd, 2016, 11:23 AM
That's awesome
Maikera is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
panda

Old March 23rd, 2016, 11:30 AM
Thanks
panda is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 23rd, 2016, 01:08 PM
Nice work guys!
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Maikera

Old March 23rd, 2016, 01:23 PM
Yeah, Thank you !

Ahhn, quick question.
How can i put image on the encounter builder monters ?
Maikera is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 23rd, 2016, 01:56 PM
How good would it be to have the monsters all load images automatically!
daplunk is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 23rd, 2016, 02:20 PM
The images are added on the Personal tab, you could create your own .stock portfolios and add the art there, if you have access to it.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
panda

Old March 24th, 2016, 02:06 AM
The NPC and Miscellanous creatures will be added in the next release ?
panda is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
AlHazred

Old March 24th, 2016, 11:59 AM
On the Background tab, there is a section for "Feature". With the "Noble Knight" background selected, it says "Nothing to choose from!" because there are no options for the Knight background; nevertheless, it still tries to validate that, and throws up an validation error on the Background tab.

If I select the "Soldier" background, then I can pick a specialty placeholder. If I then change background back to "Noble Knight," the Feature remains, and it now passes validation checks with no errors.
AlHazred is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old March 24th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlHazred View Post
On the Background tab, there is a section for "Feature". With the "Noble Knight" background selected, it says "Nothing to choose from!" because there are no options for the Knight background; nevertheless, it still tries to validate that, and throws up an validation error on the Background tab.

If I select the "Soldier" background, then I can pick a specialty placeholder. If I then change background back to "Noble Knight," the Feature remains, and it now passes validation checks with no errors.
You have to add Features for Backgrounds on the Ability tab. Make sure to select Background Feature under the Function dropdown.

Once you have created the Background Feature, go to the actual Background and add it under Background Special Abilities.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!

Last edited by Mergon; March 24th, 2016 at 12:22 PM.
Mergon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote