Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

corycubbage

Old March 3rd, 2015, 06:47 PM
When a player makes a note on content, can other players access/edit that note?
corycubbage is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old March 4th, 2015, 04:17 PM
Currently, I don't think so.
enrious is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old March 4th, 2015, 11:16 PM
Correct. Player notes are the exclusive domain of that particular player: even though they are part of the realm, not even the GM can see them.

Character journals (frequently referred to as "Player Journals", despite an intention to tie them at Topic level rather than user level) look like they're going to bridge the gap somewhat, by being viewable in the wider realm, but I think they're still going to be locked for editing: if player X writes a journal entry, player Y can see it, but not change it.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
corycubbage

Old March 11th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Character journals (frequently referred to as "Player Journals", despite an intention to tie them at Topic level rather than user level) look like they're going to bridge the gap somewhat, by being viewable in the wider realm, but I think they're still going to be locked for editing: if player X writes a journal entry, player Y can see it, but not change it.
Are the Character journals available today for use?
corycubbage is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old March 16th, 2015, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corycubbage View Post
No, that is "supposedly" one of the next 5 Target Goals for LWD...
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 17th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corycubbage View Post
Currently our main focus is on the web-access and the content market. However, we our developers have a few moments to spare (waiting for feedback from others, pause in development, etc.) they're working on journals. Because of this, we don't have an eta for release. I hope this helps!
liz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old March 17th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
Currently our main focus is on the web-access and the content market. However, we our developers have a few moments to spare (waiting for feedback from others, pause in development, etc.) they're working on journals. Because of this, we don't have an eta for release. I hope this helps!
Liz,
What happened to working these in parallel? It was LWD position as was a post here by you.
http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/2...ng-the-future/
" as we indicated in the survey, we can only focus on one additional major feature in parallel with our efforts on web access and the Content Market."
&"Based on our analysis, the next major feature we’ll be focusing on is Journals! "

Parallel implies simultaneously, not "when we have the time".
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old March 17th, 2015, 02:16 PM
From that same blog post (two sections up from DLG's quotes):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm Works Feature Survey – Charting the Future
In the months ahead, we anticipate periods where members of the development team will be waiting on other staff before they can continue their work on the web support and Content Market. During those times, we’ll be diving into the features identified by the survey.
Which matches what Liz said above. Likely as they get further along with the two main features they'll be able to do more on Journals and other things.

Last edited by Parody; March 17th, 2015 at 02:33 PM.
Parody is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old March 17th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Parody> I took that to mean that would be "other smaller features" features beyond the "top three" committed to be worked parallel.
But, Point taken.

"Beyond those two big things{web-based access and the Content Market}, we highlighted a number of smaller enhancements and refinements at the beginning of the survey that we consider fundamental to Realm Works’ success. Some of those have already been completed for the upcoming release, while others are still in the queue. These particular features will continue to be our initial priority, after which we’ll begin work on features from the survey.

The survey results are instrumental in guiding us beyond those two main priorities, and the impact will be almost immediate."

It's simply another case of the only ones that do know what is being worked when (and will be) is LWD.
:-/
For any that are not clear where we are basing these "observations" from see link below.
http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/2...ng-the-future/
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old March 17th, 2015, 05:10 PM
I personally thought Liz was pretty transparent.

As far as journals and the "impact will be almost immediate", I read that in my typical snarky way -- work on calendars will stop and the uproar will immediately follow. And it was indeed pretty dang immediate.

I wouldn't expect to see a major release before GenCon because they probably figure that's the best bang for buck even though most gamers won't be in attendance. Whatever.
AEIOU is offline   #10 Reply With Quote