Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Maidhc O Casain

Old April 30th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Would it be possible to make the Active Hero Summary reflect consumables, spells, powers/abilities, etc. that have been used? In other words, set it to reflect the current condition of the Hero rather than the 'fully charged' condition?

Or possibly add an option to output the summary either 'fully charged' or 'current condition?'

There is a growing community of online gamers (e.g. ENWorld) who could really use this feature, I think.

Thanks for considering!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 4th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Hi - got some views but no responses yet, so I thought I'd give this a bump.

If there's a way to do this already I'm missing it . . .
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 4th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Which game system are you asking about? Each of the game systems in Hero Lab has its own script for generating statblocks.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 6th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I use HeroLab for 3.5, 4E, and Pathfinder.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 11th, 2010, 09:07 AM
For online gaming, wouldn't you be using Hero Lab to manage the character, since you have to be sitting at the computer? I'm not sure when you'd need the number of charges (etc) displayed in the statblock, since all that information would be shown in Hero Lab anyway.

Can you describe how you would use this, so we can understand exactly what you want to do with it?
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 18th, 2010, 07:52 AM
At the end of my posts I attach a 'mini-stat block' that tracks currently available resources (HP, spells available/used etc.) as well as info the GM might find useful (such as perception scores) so he won't have to go looking in another thread or hunt down that information himself. The information isn't just for me, in other words - it's also for my GMs, who haven't caught on to the marvel that is HeroLab (hard as I've tried to sell them on it ).

It would be handy for me if the stat blocks generated by HeroLab reflected what's currently available to my character so that I could simply copy/paste that stat block to my current posts.

However, I don't know much about coding at all so I don't know how complicated a thing I'm asking for here.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 23rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
Did the above help with your understanding? I'm guessing from your previous response that there's not currently a way to do this for any of the games . . .

Would it be a difficult feature to implement?
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 26th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Thanks, that helps. We could probably make this an optional setting - if it's turned on, the statblock has the in-play tracker information appended to it. That way, players like you that want it can turn it on, and everyone else can use the standard statblock format.
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 27th, 2010, 06:35 AM
That would be awesome, thanks!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old June 9th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Thanks for adding the option to include Tracked Resources to the Stat Block! That'll make things a bit easier for me to keep up with, and to get my DMs accurate info about my character.

I did notice that the information in the stat block doesn't include current HP totals or expended spells - would that be difficult to put in the stat blocks as well? Basically I'm looking for anything that will change over the course of an encounter/day/etc. to be in one spot for an easy copy/paste to the boards.

If it can't be done, or if not enough folks want it to make it worth your while I totally understand - I can keep making my own. But it would be a help to me since I'm already using HL to keep track for myself.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #10 Reply With Quote