Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

8thavenger

Old October 21st, 2018, 04:11 PM
Just Deadlands: Reloaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
What settings files do you have checked?
8thavenger is offline   #391 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 27th, 2018, 10:52 AM
OK, I'll check that. The DL version of Miracles is slightly different.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is online now   #392 Reply With Quote
8thavenger

Old December 2nd, 2018, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
OK, I'll check that. The DL version of Miracles is slightly different.
any movement on this? It's been a while and I've not seen anything.
8thavenger is offline   #393 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old December 7th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCArknight View Post
I haven't seen if this has been reported yet, but Fleet-Footed is listed as a Combat Edge when it should be a Background Edge (SW Deluxe, pg. 33)
I haven't seen if this is fixed or not?

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #394 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old December 9th, 2018, 10:35 AM
I am really sorry, folks. I had been told I would get a copy early enough to get started on this, and I am just getting it now. This has put me way behind schedule. I have not even had a chance to download it yet.

Again, I am really sorry it is this far behind.

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is online now   #395 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old December 9th, 2018, 03:20 PM
Quote:
I am really sorry, folks. I had been told I would get a copy early enough to get started on this, and I am just getting it now. This has put me way behind schedule. I have not even had a chance to download it yet.

Again, I am really sorry it is this far behind.
No worries CC I did a deep dive on Friday when I got the PDF, and the good news is there it's pity straight forward. A few things you need to pay attention to:

Langues are now a skill like the now defunct Knowledge and everyone starts with one at a d8 for fee. The Linguist Edge adds a number of Languages equal to half smarts at a d6 for free. As dose the Multiple Languages Setting Rule.

The Youth Hindrance is extremely different. The big thing is that characters do not get the Common Knowledge skill at a d4 for free.

Several edges increase the die type that Hand to Hand Damage dose.

Many Edges are now in different Categories.

Multiple Arcane Backgrounds are allowed,

All that said it appears to be a much easier project thane the Science Fiction or Super Powers file.
dartnet is offline   #396 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 10th, 2018, 05:36 AM
Yeah, TBH, I (and probably PEG) consider this first Kickstarter version to be an early copy! There's a thread on the PEG forum that's already 18 pages long with crowd-sourced edits to it and PEG doesn't consider this an "official" copy until it's the one they send to the printers which likely won't be until later this month. So I would say you do have the early release copy.

That allowance for multiple Arcane Backgrounds, though, sounds like that may require a major rework to get that in. Yikes. It has been an oft-requested feature, though.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #397 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old December 10th, 2018, 08:28 PM
Perhaps, but most of the actual rules changes are here. Some particulars might change, but the majority of what I need is here.

I am only half-way through Combat Edges, and I can already see that I have a *lot* of work to do. It will be like the Explorer/Deluxe upgrade, this will be the new normal, and the previous material will have their unique ID's replaced and tagged as source "Deluxe".

So, the extensive differences mean I will finish the current update and get it out before I start work on this.

The Languages thing is going to be interesting. We can't do conditional bootstraps, so adding a specific number of Language Skills depending on which Edge they have, which Setting rules are in place, and what their Smarts happens to be, is going to be double tough.

Core Skills I can get away with by setting up a cost exemption for those Skill tagged as Core.

The thing that is going to cause the biggest ripple is the folding of Throwing into Athletics. Throwing was a core combat skill, and it gets referenced a LOT. So, if I preclude it, there will be issues until everything that references it is re-coded to allow for Athletics.

And completely outside of HL, it looks like Blood & Guts and Joker's Wild are permanent...

More to follow...

_
_
CapedCrusader is online now   #398 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old December 10th, 2018, 08:34 PM
And 8thAvenger, that's something that will be out along with the latest update. Give me a couple of weeks. I was waiting on the release of SWADE to see how much needed changing.

_
_
CapedCrusader is online now   #399 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 11th, 2018, 04:27 AM
Quote:
[snip]
The Languages thing is going to be interesting. We can't do conditional bootstraps, so adding a specific number of Language Skills depending on which Edge they have, which Setting rules are in place, and what their Smarts happens to be, is going to be double tough.
Which makes me wonder, would it be worth considering looking closer at why we can't do conditional bootstraps and if it's at all possible to relook at the underlying base code to see if that could possibly be changed?

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #400 Reply With Quote