Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

wheelercub

Old June 6th, 2016, 08:54 AM
I'm new to the system and really loving it. One issue I seem to be running into regularly is when outputting the character sheet to PDF or printing. I have the choice of printing either the main sheet, the skills/spells, or the journal. How can I print all 3 at once? Currently I have to export all 3, then use an online PDF merger, then I can print the new PDF so that my character sheets print on Front and Back of each page.
wheelercub is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 13th, 2016, 05:18 PM
Did anyone ever figure this out. Prepping for a Con currently and this is really irking me.
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
wheelercub

Old September 13th, 2016, 06:04 PM
Not that I've seen. As a workaround, I have been printing multiple sheets to PDF, then using one of those online PDF Combine websites like: http://www.pdfmerge.com/
wheelercub is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dervish

Old September 14th, 2016, 06:57 AM
The 2 minutes it took me to do the exports and the merge is a far cry from the days when i wrote encounters down on note cards....
Dervish is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 14th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelercub View Post
Not that I've seen. As a workaround, I have been printing multiple sheets to PDF, then using one of those online PDF Combine websites like: http://www.pdfmerge.com/
Even easier than this is a use any PDF printing tool like PrimoPDF. When you print and it prompts for the name of the PDF give it the SAME file name and the tool will ask you to "over write or append". Just append the data to the pdf.

Yes you have to hit the print option several times but you combine it very quickly into a single PDF document.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AussieDM

Old September 24th, 2016, 07:01 AM
If you have a Mac, then open each of the files (separately, one at a time, otherwise they'll open in the one window together) in Preview (the application).

Have Thumbnails open on the sidebars. Drag the thumbnail of the other sheets (Journal & Abilities & Gear) into the Thumbnail sidebar of the primary character sheet. Position as you please. Save, close, voila!
AussieDM is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
themantheycallcris

Old October 7th, 2016, 03:02 PM
I agree that it's very frustrating, when a clear solution is right there in the same dialogue box! Printing up sheets for baddies, and sheets for my players without hero lab or printing abilities, can get quite tiresome when I have to repeat the process. This frustration happens EVERY SINGLE TIME I print/export/pdf as a GM. EVERY TIME!

What would it take to get this built into HeroLab? I'd like to be able to click Print or Create one time from one dialogue box (after checking the appropriate parameters), and have it result in a separate pdf for each being with everything already in it. That would be so nice!

If that was done, then also adding a parameter to choose to have one pdf for all characters would be nice as well, but that option in particular would only be useful if there were options to add in x number of blank pages between each character for printing purposes. Personally I like to print my baddies on letter, landscape, 2 pages per page, double sided. It minimizes printed paper, and is far easier to handle at the table since there's less paper.

Christ is King!
themantheycallcris is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
dropbear8mybaby

Old October 7th, 2016, 03:25 PM
The ability build custom sheets (and thus combine everything you want into one option chosen at printing) would be a nice option but from my limited information gathering, it seems that's not really possible either.
dropbear8mybaby is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 9th, 2016, 09:05 PM
Really don't understand why there isn't an option to printing all three sheets. Why not a check box where you check which you want and it prints everything checked?

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old October 9th, 2016, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Really don't understand why there isn't an option to printing all three sheets. Why not a check box where you check which you want and it prints everything checked?
I agree. This truly makes absolutely no sense to me either. I appreciate all the helpful attempts at pointing out the various methods of working around this. But none of them should be required. You should be able select the character elements you want and click print and that's it.
Hansmo is offline   #10 Reply With Quote