Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Senko

Old March 6th, 2016, 02:49 AM
I was trying to make a free spirit and I noticed that the greater powers (hide life, create cash, etc) aren't there. Sure these are GM only use with care but are they in there somewhere to add or would I need to program each one seperately and if so how do I put a "GM aproval required" tag on it?
Senko is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old March 6th, 2016, 07:13 AM
On the Basics tab for the spirit click on the Add Optional modifications for this race. It will bring up and window that includes the Greater powers.
ShadowWalker is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old March 6th, 2016, 05:37 PM
Sorry I think you misunderstood what I was after I don't mean the great form spirit powers e.g. storm, quake I mean the greater spirit powers (wish I had a better term). Even with the summon great form ritual the great form spirit modification is grayed out anyway and unselectable, any ideas on that?

That is the optional powers that can be added to any free spirit (at least I think it needs to be free) on page 205 of the street grimoire e.g. . . .

GREATER POWERS
Greater powers are so dramatic, unusual, or powerful that they can often define an entire encounter with a spirit. Gamemasters should keep these powers rare and limit a spirit to only one of them.

HIDDEN LIFE
Type: P Action: Complex
Range: Touch Duration: Permanent

The spirit uses this power to permanently place its life force in a creature, place, or object. As long as the hiding place remains safe, the spirit cannot be permanently banished or destroyed by any means. The spirit is able to return after a year and a day if banished with its spirit formula, but a character holding the spirit formula may call the spirit sooner.

The hiding place gains Immunity to Normal Weapons with a Magic equal to the spirit’s and Immunity to Age (p.397, SR5). If the hidden life holder is destroyed, the life force returns to the spirit, and the spirit is treated normally.

There's not many there (energy drain, move vessel, create cash etc)
Senko is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 6th, 2016, 10:06 PM
These steps let me see those powers:

Create a new character. Choose Critter/Spirit as the character type, then Spirit of Man as the race.

Then add the Free Spirit modification to the race.

Then, on the critter tab, add an optional power, and those powers are on the list of powers to choose from.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old March 7th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Ah adding free spirit to an ally spirit generates a red "these should only be independant characters" but thank you that works and I can delete free spirit but keep the approved power.
Senko is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 8th, 2016, 08:12 AM
If you're getting "these should only be independant characters", then your spirit is still attached to the character who summoned it. If it's become free, it shouldn't have a connection to its summoner anymore. Create a new spirit character with the same force, and track it that way.

The free spirit template does a lot more than just allow those powers - it lets that spirit see the knowledge skill tab, in case it wants to learn more, the journal and advances tabs, so it can accumulate and spend its own karma, the Magician quality that's gained by free spirits, and an edge that's no longer determined by Force, but can change in game.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Senko

Old March 9th, 2016, 07:41 AM
Yep the spirits still attached house rules territory to grant a bit more autonomy to ally spirits and a player who wanted theirs protected against permanent killing/banishing. So its an ally spirit but its got the hide life life power (which it isn't using on the PC) to protect itself. Although I'm a little sad it can't have knowledge skills will need to go back and find where they don't get that because I thought they did. Ally spirits edge is determined by the summoners not its edge.
Senko is offline   #7 Reply With Quote