Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Matt Droz

Old September 21st, 2013, 04:52 AM
So I've been kicking this around for a while now, and I'm wondering if it's possible to design an Intelligent weapon (or item) in the editor so that it is the same as if you created the weapon as a customized magic weapon. I'm able to add things like Telepathic Communication, Language, Alignment, and Movement, but I get stuck on assigning the mental stats, powers and other abilities.

Matt Droz Community material (Forgotten Realms & Non-SRD/Retro)
Matt Droz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 21st, 2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Droz View Post
So I've been kicking this around for a while now, and I'm wondering if it's possible to design an Intelligent weapon (or item) in the editor so that it is the same as if you created the weapon as a customized magic weapon. I'm able to add things like Telepathic Communication, Language, Alignment, and Movement, but I get stuck on assigning the mental stats, powers and other abilities.
Try building one as a magic item in hero lab, then enable the debugging under the develop menu. Right click the magic item and look at the tags and fields on it. Make notes on field and tag names. You'd have to set those manually on your item.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 23rd, 2013, 09:29 AM
For the mental stats, you can access them in a script which transitions to the gizmo. Here is an example from outside the item itself (it's from the Black Blade's "Black Blade: Arcane Pool" class ability).

hero.child[iBlackBla].gizmo.child[aINT].field[aModBonus].value

I think you may be able to modify that, yes?

As for the intelligence powers and abilities, they are no different than item powers. If you know the unique ID of the power you want, you should be able to add that to the gizmo easily, just like any other specific magic weapon with a material or item power.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Matt Droz

Old September 24th, 2013, 08:03 AM
RavenX: I've been trying to do that, but many of the fields show as Gizmo Picks or, in the case of the Attributes, aren't showing at all in the debug windows.

Aaron: Thanks, I'll try that. Some of the powers are "3rd Level Spell, 3/day" or the item's Purpose. Any ideas?

Matt Droz Community material (Forgotten Realms & Non-SRD/Retro)
Matt Droz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 24th, 2013, 09:12 AM
To see the unique IDs for any power in a table, add that power in an example weapon, and with debugging, right click on it to see/copy the ID.

Special purposes are a bit harder to learn the ID of. Add one to the weapon, then confirm everything to get back to the weapons tab. Right click on your custom weapon and choose "Show Debug Gizmo Picks" and that should give you the unique ID for every pick inside the gizmo, including the Item Purpose.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote