Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

meek75

Old January 19th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
I've attached huge maps to smart images and then pinned the heck out of them. I've attached PDFs, Excel and Word files.
I do tend to attach image files and don't always pay attention to the file size. That might be an area to look at more closely.

The realm that got the error today is a fairly new ream that I just started adding data to recently. I haven't done much fiddling about with it yet.
meek75 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old January 20th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meek75 View Post
So, here I am again. Just got a sanity error (ironic name by the way, because I'm losing it) that is stopping me from syncing.
I ran into a problem with my sanity too right after an update.

I got around it as described here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54508

I don't know if it is in any way related to your problem.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old January 21st, 2016, 08:33 AM
Thanks got the reminder. I deleted local preferences and that seems to have fixed it. I should have thought to try that from the start. If anyone figures out the exact combinations that cause this, please let us know. Thanks!
meek75 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old January 21st, 2016, 05:31 PM
The error seems to repeat each time I close the realm. If I exit all the way out of RW and then log back in I can sync fine. The extra step is a pain, but manageable.
meek75 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old July 19th, 2017, 04:14 PM
I got this today.

Exiting out completely, and then logging back in, allowed the sync to go through.
Ualaa is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
gaffneyks

Old July 20th, 2017, 05:01 AM
Yes, I also have run into a number of problems, but mine are normally fixed the next patch.

Honestly, this is not a stable environment right now. They have so much going on and so many changes as they try to go live with the content market.

I guess you have to ask yourself is the product better for the changes?

For me the ability to import and export is a HUGE bonus. Just enormous, so it is worth putting up with the bugs for a while.

Now the content market is not a big bonus for me as I play D and D 5e and right now it appears the focus is going to be pathfinder. So my thoughts might change if my realm becomes unstable due to changes for something that gives me little benefit.

I figure give them some time, once they go "live" with the content market, I would assume they will not be having so many changes and the product will get more stable.
gaffneyks is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old July 20th, 2017, 01:03 PM
That's pretty much why the content market has been delayed. Import export introduced so much complexity and all sorts of bugs. It's been months since I have experienced any sort of regular crash though and the forum reports of crashes have reduced significantly which is great because it let's the devs get back to work delivering improved functionality.

If anyone still does have crashes make make sure you report it via the bug submit post.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #17 Reply With Quote