Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

Paragon

Old April 6th, 2016, 11:28 AM
A while back I went in and fixed the fact some of the latter-day armor proficiency feats were not enforcing their pre-requisites, but I just noticed that the actual armors (Studded Leather for example) were not actually requiring their proficiencies, so I just pulled up the an armor to see how they were being enforced--and there seems to be nothing there that's doing it, but Plate Armor (for example) is clearly enforcing the need for its proficiency. Anyone have any idea where this is being done? It doesn't seem to be under the armor itself, since there's no pick-reqs or expressions under those, so I've got to assume its somewhere else.
Paragon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 8th, 2016, 11:42 AM
They do for me... I created a soundrel (cloth, leather) and I can't add anything but cloth or leather type armors to the character.

Working on Twilight 2000 4e HL System
cryptoknight is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old April 8th, 2016, 10:45 PM
I've got a cleric who's able to take studded leather, which she shouldn't be able to. The regular armors work properly, but the ones from Mordekainen's seem to be the problem children.
Paragon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old April 9th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Went back and checked, and it appears that the gig is that some of the MME armors were listed as though they were the armor type for their prerequisite armors, and some as their own armor type. The former would be available if you had the proficiency for the prerequisite armor (even though they're not supposed to be unless you have their own specific proficiency) and the latter not available at all (and wouldn't list their armor type). I'm thinking part of the program is looking for the extent armor types and doesn't know what to do with the new ones.

For the time being I'm going to address it by listing them all as the prerequisite armor types and putting in prereq code to look for the specific proficiencies and see if that works.
Paragon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old April 9th, 2016, 09:42 AM
I can do this by setting the two or three armors to misbehaving to their armor type (even though those don't show on the display) and then setting a pick-req to their proficiencies. Interestingly, an exp-req doesn't seem to work unless I did some other error. But that's clearly not how banded mail and the ones already working are doing it, so if anyone who knows how its actually supposed to check for those (I suspect its a procedure somewhere), please let me know.

Edit: Just to be clear, the only armors that appear to be misbehaving are studded leather and ringmail, so if you looked at the others you wouldn't see it, Cryptoknight.

Last edited by Paragon; April 9th, 2016 at 10:04 AM.
Paragon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old April 10th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Clerics have Cloth, Leather, Hide and Chainmail

Studded Leather is classed as type: Leather

I can honestly say I don't understand the issue here.

cryptoknight is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old April 11th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoknight View Post
Clerics have Cloth, Leather, Hide and Chainmail

Studded Leather is classed as type: Leather

I can honestly say I don't understand the issue here.
The armors from Mordekainen's don't use just the basic proficiencies; they have their own specialized proficiency feats, because they're strictly superior to the standard armors. They're classed in the same category as other armors (for no obvious purpose I can see) but even the Builder shows them as unavailable if you don't have the specialty feats.
Paragon is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old April 12th, 2016, 12:59 PM
Change the tag of the Studded Leather armor in ddi_armor.user

change it to
arStudded

The feat gives you armor proficiency apStudded, apStudded apparently gives you access to arStudded

I tested it by making a level 1 cleric after the change, then confirming that the cleric couldn't take studded, then added the feat and I could.

cryptoknight is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old April 12th, 2016, 02:56 PM
I'm assuming Ring Mail then does the same thing with apRing (I know what the proficiencies are because I did a quick and dirty fix on it before this weekend)? I'll give it a check.
Paragon is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old April 12th, 2016, 03:25 PM
I'd guess so... based on the ap<name> being translated to ar<name>

cryptoknight is offline   #10 Reply With Quote