Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

axxys

Old August 4th, 2012, 10:55 AM
I have not. When I do buy it, I'll try again and post results.

Don't know where I had the 2 years from :P Glad you're still around!
axxys is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old August 4th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Judging from axxys's experience, I think it's pretty likely that these adjustments are only workable if all 3 Bestiary packages are purchased. I'll update the first post to note this.
alientude is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 4th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alientude View Post
Judging from axxys's experience, I think it's pretty likely that these adjustments are only workable if all 3 Bestiary packages are purchased. I'll update the first post to note this.
Not at all. I only have Bestiary 1, and they work for me.
Sendric is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old August 4th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Not at all. I only have Bestiary 1, and they work for me.
Good to know.
alientude is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
axxys

Old August 10th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Added bestiaries 1, 2, and 3. No more bug.

Thanks for the help
axxys is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Grand Moff Vixen

Old August 17th, 2012, 04:35 PM
alientude, I have been playing around with the adjustments and so far I have to say I am really impressed. I am in the process of starting at 25th level epic pbp on paizo.com and was wondering about a way to add the bonuses on my character.

I am seeing one thing that I would love you to add. The stats for a small & medium magical beast as per Beast Shape III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast Shape III
This spell also allows you to take on the form of a Small or Medium creature of the magical beast type.
Thanks.

Last edited by Grand Moff Vixen; August 17th, 2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: I wasn't paying attention to the details in the spells.
Grand Moff Vixen is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
LifeofReilly

Old October 1st, 2012, 09:36 AM
First and foremost, thank you for making this. It is invaluable and it has to represent a tremendous amount of time. I'm really excited to use it!

I'm seeing discrepancies in some damage outputs. Here's what I'm seeing:

Dire Tiger form you have the mouseover descrition set as

"Polymorph into a Dire Tiger (Bestiary I, pg 265)\n\nLarge\n+4 STR\n-2 DEX\n+4 natural AC\n\nLow-light vision\nScent\n2 Claws 2d4 plus Grab\nBite [B]2d6 plus Grab\nPounce\nReach 5'\nRake 2d4" (emphasis mine)

In test below you have it listed as

"</bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="wBite">
<containerreq phase="First" priority="500"><![CDATA[fieldvalIsOn <> 0]]></containerreq>
<autotag group="wMain" tag="2d8_204"/>
<assignval field="livename" value="Bite + Grab"/>
</bootstrap>"

The damage for the bite appears to be inconsistent. I know so very little about how HeroLab works- it's entirely possible that I've just got it wrong.

The hero I'm playing (size M) uses a greataxe (d12) and this modification changes that damage to 3d6. The hero also has a 1d4 bite if that has any effect on things.

When I use the Shambling Mound adjustment, the damage for the Slam and Constrict both increase from 2d6 to 3d6. Your entry in the .User file for Plant Shape 2 calls out 2d6 for both attacks.

This happens with several of the different forms. In Bat form damage per the bestiary is 1d3, but after the adjustment it becomes "-".

My guess (from reading the earlier messages) is that the size adjustments are still modifying the the damages of these forms in at least some of the attacks. I don't know which chart HeroLab uses for damage size increase or decrease.

Any ideas?
LifeofReilly is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old October 1st, 2012, 05:16 PM
1) The 2d8 damage was a mistake - it should be 2d6. I've corrected that and updated the files in the first post.

2) The greataxe die increasing is something I can't do anything about - when Hero Lab runs the size increase/decrease, it automatically changes the dice for all weapons. Since polymorph effects cause your weapons to merge into your body, this really shouldn't be much of an issue. If the greataxe stays at 3d6 after the adjustment is clicked off, please let me know exactly which creature is doing this - it's a simple fix.

3) The Shambling Mound adjustment works for me - it correctly lists 2d6 as the damage dice. Can you attach a portfolio of yours that has it at 3d6?

4) I've noticed the Bat adjustment going to "-" damage on the druid I play myself. I'm not sure what's causing it, or how to fix it. It doesn't always happen, but it seems to be mostly when I have a lot of adjustments clicked on. At this point, it's not something I'm going to be able to fix, as I just have no idea what the problem is. Which creatures other than the Bat have you seen it on?
alientude is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
alientude

Old October 1st, 2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Moff Vixen View Post
I am seeing one thing that I would love you to add. The stats for a small & medium magical beast as per Beast Shape III.
I might get around to doing this at some point, but the primary driving force for me to create these adjustments was so that I could easily play a wild shaping druid, so I focused only on the animals, plants, and elementals.
alientude is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
futurekill

Old October 5th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Hi,

First, thanks for making these. I'm glad someone has taken the time to set these up.

I'm running into a bit of a problem. When I apply the Beast Shape I - Deinonychus spell effect it adds the natural weapons and ability scores increases and I get the extra attacks by for some reason my melee attack bonus goes much lower. Normally I have a +7 (+4 BAB +1 size (small) +2 str) in my unpoly'd form. With the spell applied it goes down to a +2. The way I've interpreted the spell it should be +4 BAB +3 str +0 size.

It also doesn't appear to account for strength in damage bonuses. After the spell is applied I wind up with a flat +1 damage bonus to all attacks.

Perhaps I've interpreted the ability/spell incorrectly or maybe there's a bug. Does this sound odd to anyone else?
futurekill is offline   #20 Reply With Quote