Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Jobe00

Old February 9th, 2020, 07:21 PM
I'm wanting to add the Eye and Hand of Vecna into Pathfinder as my character has the Eye currently (even if I don't want him to have it).

I'm using the versions from the 3.5 DMG.

Powers of the Eye: In order to function, the Eye of Vecna must be placed in the empty socket of a character’s skull. The bearer of the Eye loses 2 points of Charisma, and these points may never be restored. The Eye may not thereafter be removed without resulting in the death of its host. It grants the host continuous darkvision and true seeing. Three times per day each, the host can use the spells eyebite and dominate person. Once per day, the bearer of the Eye can call forth destruction and unhallow. A nonevil character must make a DC 17 Will save each week to avoid becoming evil. All powers are at caster level 20th, and all DCs to resist their effects are 20.

I have the abilities added, but only the True Seeing shows up in Constant powers, but at Caster Level 1. The rest of the powers are greyed out even when equipped and the Darkvision doesn't appear under Constant abilities. Screen shots from my attempt at entering it below.

I don't know how to fix this or get the Caster Level to 20 for all powers or apply the -2 Charisma when the Eye is equipped.

After I square this away, I want to add the Hand and have the additional powers for having both.

Powers of the Hand: In order to function, the Hand of Vecna must be placed on the end of a left arm whose original hand has been severed. The bearer of the Hand loses 2 points of Dexterity that may never be regained. Removal of the hand thereafter always results in the death of the host. The touch of the Hand, once so placed, deals 1d10 points of cold damage to a target. Three times per day, its touch can permanently drain 1 ability score point (host’s choice of ability) from a victim. The host gains the points drained for the rest of that day. (They last until the next sunrise.) Once per day, the bearer of the Hand can call upon blasphemy and unholy aura. A nonevil character must make a DC 17 Will save each week to avoid becoming evil. All powers are at caster level 20th, and all DCs to resist their effects are 20.

Powers with Both Artifacts: If a single character bears both the Hand of Vecna and the Eye of Vecna, the DC to resist all powers of both items increases to 25. The host gains +2 to Strength and +2 to Intelligence but takes a –2 penalty to Wisdom. She can call upon summon monster IX once per day (to summon evil outsiders only). A nonevil character who possesses both items must make a DC 23 Will save each week to avoid becoming evil.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2020-02-09 22.13.39.png (477.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png Screenshot 2020-02-09 22.13.42.png (416.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: png Screenshot 2020-02-09 22.13.49.png (410.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: png Screenshot 2020-02-09 22.13.53.png (410.5 KB, 1 views)
Jobe00 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old February 12th, 2020, 06:45 AM
Help?
Jobe00 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old February 12th, 2020, 09:31 AM
No clue how to script it.
But with the community package, which is free, you have a plethora of extra adjustments.

You can use the adjustments for a lot of the granted abilities.
The hand & eye aren't easy to get rid of, so it wouldn't even be a case of a lot of adjustments that need to be toggled regularly; more turn them on and then forget about them.

That would be a work around, and not necessarily creating the item in the editor (Tools > Show Editor), which is where you'd want to be if you were to attempt to create the item and have it script (automatically enable) the character modifications just by equipping it.

As adjustments, you can:
- You can reduce a stat (or increase it), and list the type of effect.
- Grant darkvision, or give it as a spell adjustment
- True Seeing as a spell adjustment
You can adjust a DC via a adjustment.

Maybe looking at how it does that, would help figure out how to do that in the editor.
Most people suggest looking at something existing that does it, and then copy and/or adapt the code from that.
I'd personally just do adjustments, but it looks like you're trying to script them in the editor.
My best guess would be to view an adjustment that does what you'd like the item to script, and then copy that code.
Ualaa is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old February 12th, 2020, 09:57 AM
This should be fairly straight forward. I'm seeing 3 abilities that are needed Eye, hand, and combined. writing these in the editor shouldn't take that long, When I get a couple spare minutes I can take a stab.
Minous is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 12th, 2020, 10:04 AM
Don't forget the head...
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Jobe00

Old February 16th, 2020, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
This should be fairly straight forward. I'm seeing 3 abilities that are needed Eye, hand, and combined. writing these in the editor shouldn't take that long, When I get a couple spare minutes I can take a stab.
I appreciate it.
I have what I did with the Eye in the screenshots above.
Jobe00 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote