Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

wordelo

Old October 28th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Not sure where to put suggested additions to herolab but...

could we get an experience tracker? similar to the damage history, and transaction log. we can just hover over the XP and it would show our last 100 or so experience additions or subtractions.
wordelo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
UndeadDan

Old October 31st, 2017, 04:01 PM
If players are using the journal system they should have a discreet entry for every XP award.
UndeadDan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old November 1st, 2017, 08:54 AM
I use the journal for experience.

The first entry is listed as initial value.
This brings the newly created character up to the same value as the existing party members.
If wealth needs to be adjusted, it would go on this one... although with the new(ish) starting wealth option, it's easy to do that there now.

Thereafter, I have a dated entry for each week of play.
Each is named after the session number.
Experience for that session goes there.
Ualaa is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
wordelo

Old November 5th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Our group gives XP after every encounter. We don't want a million journal entries.

We can't be the only ones who do it this way.
wordelo is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old November 6th, 2017, 11:35 AM
You don't have to create a new journal entry, do you? I mean, can't you put a number in and click "Earn", then fill in another number and click "Earn" again? You could use the same journal entry for the entire thing, if you wanted.

(I think. Your mileage may very. Standard disclaimer applies. And so on.)
Azhrei is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old November 6th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordelo View Post
Our group gives XP after every encounter. We don't want a million journal entries.

We can't be the only ones who do it this way.
I honestly have never heard of anyone doing this, maybe it's unique to your group?
Toblakai is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 6th, 2017, 12:26 PM
Everyone has a different way of handling their games, and harsh tones when discussing those differences are not appropriate for this forum. For people who play the game in the way wordelo's group does, keeping track of individual xp changes would be a helpful thing to have, and this is a legitimate feature request.

We generally don't reply to every feature request thread on this forum, because there are a lot of them, and they're very rarely the first request for an issue, but we do notice them, and we keep suggestions in mind for when we get the chance to improve the program, and not just spend our time keeping up with Paizo's release schedule.
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old November 6th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Yeh, I don't see how that could be bad, might be unique to Wordelo's group, but each does it their own way and options are always good
ErinRigh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
wordelo

Old November 10th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
You don't have to create a new journal entry, do you? I mean, can't you put a number in and click "Earn", then fill in another number and click "Earn" again? You could use the same journal entry for the entire thing, if you wanted.

(I think. Your mileage may very. Standard disclaimer applies. And so on.)
yeah but many times our xp totals aren't in sync. that usually means that the DM gave out xp when the player wasn't in the room or the player accidentally added the wrong amount. having an xp history we would be able to actually see what we added or did not add.
wordelo is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old November 11th, 2017, 08:47 AM
The obvious solution to “being out of sync” is to only have one person track the XP — the GM. It sounds like they’re tracking it already anyway (you must be comparing it to something to know you’re out of sync), so just use the GM’s numbers.

I did this when I ran CotCT and it worked out well. I kept a spreadsheet with a column for each PC and just added a new row each session. I kept it on my website where players could grab a copy, if they wanted. Nowadays i use a GoogleDoc sheet for the game I run for my nephews...
Azhrei is offline   #10 Reply With Quote