Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

AndrewD2

Old July 15th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Just got the PDF and will be reading through it over the next week and will be starting work on Fantasy AGE. I still plan to work on Dragon AGE but I do get a little leery when I know BioWare had vetoed official support. Hopefully GR has a license for FA that makes it doable.
AndrewD2 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
cpt-safety

Old July 17th, 2015, 02:29 PM
Thank you. Crossing fingers that licensing will be an issue...
cpt-safety is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 17th, 2015, 02:43 PM
will be an issue? I hope not :-P I should probably e-mail Green Ronin and ask their permission. Just gotta figure out who to e-mail.
AndrewD2 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
cpt-safety

Old July 18th, 2015, 05:01 AM
NOT be an issue. D'oh! BioWare shouldn't be an issue, anyway...
cpt-safety is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 18th, 2015, 06:45 AM
Agreed. But with a lack of anything like an OGL GR could say no and that'd be that.
AndrewD2 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old July 18th, 2015, 09:12 AM
You know that for your personal use and private distribution it doesn't really make a difference, right?
Paragon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 18th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Tell that to the people that were making one for GURPs basic and 5th Edition D&D. Also along the same lines a free VTT I know was told he couldn't simulate dice rolls for the FFG Star Wars system in his VTT.

Also personal use yes, but posting it here would not be private distribution. Also I will comply if they say yes, but ... and its something like not being able to list descriptions and such.
AndrewD2 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old July 19th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Sure, as to the latter, but there's a middle ground where you tell people to contact you privately if they're interested.
Paragon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old August 11th, 2015, 06:49 PM
I did e-mail GR for permission (and at the same time to request official support) but I have not yet heard back from them.
AndrewD2 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old September 23rd, 2015, 01:22 PM
They get a lot of e-mails, and probably more than a few similar to yours. Were it not for the very slow pace of non-Pathfinder releases from Wolflair I would hope they'd take a crack at it. But PF remains where the money is.

On Star Wars, Fantasy Flight may not be the ones in the driver's seat. Disney are notorious control freaks who want every aspect of support for their properties to be directed through them (and obviously with them getting such a large cut off the yop that it's just not practical for the little guy).

Such things don't always run well (Remember when a pre-disney Marvel attempted to publish their own RPG and what a disaster that was?), especially not for the gamers, but apparently they are happy with FFG and the latter wants to do nothing to provoke them from pulling a lucrative license. Since that has happened twice before with Star Wars (even without an obvious provocation and to a company with the resources of the largest toymaker in the world behind them) they have reason to keep on their toes.
MPHopcroft is offline   #10 Reply With Quote