Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Micco

Old October 30th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Awesome update, Rob! Thanks for filling us in on Realmworks. It's pretty much everything I was hoping for when I heard about it.

A point of clarification...you mention 'synchronization of multiple computers' using the cloud option. You also mention integration of HL portfolios. So, can I make the leap that I'll be able to keep a synchronized portfolio of PC's that stays updated during the game? Please?
Micco is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old October 30th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Man, I can't wait for this software!

Will we be able to buy early and get in on the Beta like with M&M 3E?
Shadowchaser is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 2nd, 2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micco View Post
A point of clarification...you mention 'synchronization of multiple computers' using the cloud option. You also mention integration of HL portfolios. So, can I make the leap that I'll be able to keep a synchronized portfolio of PC's that stays updated during the game? Please?
I'm not 100% certain that I understand the question, so I'll take my best guess and answer that. If I'm wrong, please clarify.

Realm Works will allow you to store content created with other programs within the database if you wish. You can then access that content through Realm Works, with Realm Works launching the appropriate program to utilize the content. This allows you to save maps that can be viewed, audio/video clips that can be played, etc.

For Hero Lab, you'll be able to maintain multiple portfolios of whatever contents you wish. For example, you could have a portfolio into which you import all the PCs. From session to session, you could use and update this portfolio, and the changes would be saved back into the database. You could also setup encounters with the various NPCs and monsters for each in a portfolio associated with the encounter. When the encounter starts, you can import the encounter portfolio into Hero Lab for use of the Tactical Console. Those are a couple of quick examples.

Does that answer your question?
rob is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old November 4th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I'm not 100% certain that I understand the question, so I'll take my best guess and answer that. If I'm wrong, please clarify.
I'm going to guess that what Micco means is ... can he see Portfolios stored on his players' PCs in a central copy of Realm Works?

The "cloud" option implies that WHERE the files are located is not material to how you use the application. So, for example. if I have players named Bob and Sally, in my copy of Realm Works I would be able to access Bob's portfolio for his character stored on his (Bob's) PC and Sally's portfolio for his character stored on her (Sally's PC) in my copy of Realm Works running on my PC.. and when done with any updates I might make, they are saved back to Bob's and/or Sally's PC as needed.
Silveras is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Micco

Old November 4th, 2010, 06:12 PM
My question was unclear, so thanks for trying to answer it. Silveras has it basically right. The 'killer app' need for me is to be able to have a shared view of the characters so that updates made by either the GM or the Players to a PC is seen simultaneously on the GM's copy of HeroLabs and the Player's copy of HeroLab.

I'm assuming that is not part of RW, but I thought I'd ask just in case it was my lucky day.
Micco is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old November 13th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Just saw the first pics on your site,

I have to say it is some of the ugliest stuff I have seen in awhile.

Is this an indication on what it will look like or will it look better in the end?

Right now it looks like something I can easily do just using office, and only if I had the basic understanding of office.
Dragnmoon is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old November 13th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Quick question.

Will there be anything in this that can be used for sites like Obsidian Portal?
Dragnmoon is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old January 12th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Any news as to when the beta will be open for this?

Also lets say one wants to use Golarion from Pathfinder as a campaign. Will we have to input the data ourselves or are you, like with Pathfinder, going to use this as a potential add-on that we can purchase at a later time? I am certainly looking forward to this software and it's capabilities, especially if it can do updates from other computers in real time. Like Micco was saying, if a player updates his character for level or takes damage or negative level damage or something that the DM does not have to do it on his computer. It would be really nice to see.
Nikmal is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Fenelthin

Old January 24th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I've run a few campaigns utilizing Obsidian Portal and they went smoothly enough. But the entire time I was updating things on OP, I was pulling information from my notes and various Hero Lab portfolios. It got tedious and time consuming going back and forth like that for months. If Realm Works can offer the accessibility that OP has AND come with integration with HL, then I am sold on the spot. If we can pull updates from portfolios and push information to the players later after a sessions is over then I can't see using OP every again. I am excited to say the least.
Fenelthin is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Yaourth

Old February 6th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Any news about RW ?
Yaourth is offline   #30 Reply With Quote