Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 18th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJalin1 View Post
Checking on the status of this add on. I noticed a maneuver missing in Thrashing Dragon (Leaping Dragon level 1). I checked for it in the Editor and didn't see it either.

Is this still a work in progress or was this maneuver missed?

Thanks for the work!
Yep it looks like it was missed. Thanks for the bug report I have added it to the to-do list.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
lyle

Old August 31st, 2015, 10:50 AM
is there a way to get martial traditions in place? i havent been able to find one so im assuming not.
lyle is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old August 31st, 2015, 04:40 PM
Martial Traditions are in as Factions. If I recall correctly, those are set on the Background tab.
TheIronGolem is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 31st, 2015, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Martial Traditions are in as Factions. If I recall correctly, those are set on the Background tab.
Maybe we should have the Factions "option" turn on automatically when Path of War is turned on?

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old December 23rd, 2015, 03:43 AM
I'm sorry if this isn't the place for this but; shouldn't stances be a primary ability?

It seems like since their are fewer of them taken by the hero they should be on top of maneuvers. So they dont get shoved below the scroll line when they are eventually moved to the class tab.

(Yes, I am VERY OCD, and that bothers me for some reason.) :P
TobyFox2002 is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 23rd, 2015, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
I'm sorry if this isn't the place for this but; shouldn't stances be a primary ability?

It seems like since their are fewer of them taken by the hero they should be on top of maneuvers. So they dont get shoved below the scroll line when they are eventually moved to the class tab.

(Yes, I am VERY OCD, and that bothers me for some reason.) :P
If I make a "unique" Maneuver tab to display Stances/Maneuvers similar to the Spells Tab that is a good idea I will try and implement. The reason it was this way is that Stances usually had more Pre-Reqs to satisfy from maneuvers so it made more sense originally for them to be chosen 2nd.

As I know more about creating new Tabs in HL I would love to redo the UI for PoW. I just need time and lately between home stuff and work I just don't have allot of time to do more than "up keep" on the Packs.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; December 23rd, 2015 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Clarity....
ShadowChemosh is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
billy.hewlett

Old January 2nd, 2019, 05:38 PM
Some more bugs/missing features:

Advanced Study (Hidden Blade) should give access to higher level maneuvers, for example a 7th level Hidden Blade with Advanced Study should be able to choose 4th level maneuvers (source: "The maximum level of maneuvers gained through hidden blade levels is limited by those listed in that table as well, although this restriction does not apply to maneuvers added to her maneuvers known through other methods, such as prestige classes or the Advanced Study feat.") That is to say that Advanced study allows you to pick maneuvers as high as your ceiling(level/2)

Hidden Blade should have 2 gambits at 1st level, rather than 1.

Many classes like Warder should get access to additional domains, like Piercing Thunder.

I am looking forward to your next update.
billy.hewlett is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 3rd, 2019, 04:56 AM
Page 91 of the Expanded book has a section for Old Dogs New Tricks.
If you're using that, depending on your old class or archetype of a class, you can add one of two disciplines (generally).

I've just used the handy adjustments for add martial discipline to class and then remove.
Same for joining a faction, as that essentially adds a specific discipline and removes one of the existing (of your choice).
Same for the non-scripted trait, 'Unorthodox Method'.
Between those, any class can at least add two disciplines, at the cost of two.

One change to an adjustment that would make Gestalt a lot easier (since the calculations are often off for pieces that do not assume a Gestalt build) would be if the adjustment for initiator level listed the actual initiator level once it has been selected.
For example, when I use 'Gestalt Saves', and choose say Reflex it says "Gestalt, Saves (+5)", giving the current value with the adjust value taken into consideration.

The 1/2 level in other classes, as initiator level, is counting "gestalt" as a class.
My work around for that, is to adjust the initiator level upwards until a stance that has an initiator level dependent effect increases the effectiveness, so I know what IL the character is for that stance, and then decreasing IL via that adjustment, until it's at the level is should be at.

Being able to just adjust the Initiator Level downwards, due to displaying what HL calculates it to be, would be easier.
Ualaa is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 14th, 2019, 12:19 PM
I will try and a take a look at these for the next release....

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Alghaster

Old July 10th, 2019, 09:45 PM
Quick tech question. I recently got the chance to play a warder, which I'm stoked about. However, archetypes for warders are not coming up for me in Hero Lab. I checked the updates posted at the top of the thread and the last one mentions that all archetypes have been added. Can anyone help me troubleshoot what I'm overlooking?

Edit: Figured it out. The character I was making was a pre-gen to level 5, when you mouse over the archetypes it says you must pick one before or at level one. So the trick is to make the character at level one and then just add xp instead of starting them at level 5. Not sure if this is intended or worth looking at, but I'll leave this post here in case it was previously unknown.

Last edited by Alghaster; July 10th, 2019 at 10:04 PM.
Alghaster is offline   #30 Reply With Quote