Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

MikeElkins

Old February 9th, 2018, 03:52 PM
I see how I can use the editor to create modifications, but to know the names of the things I want to modify it would really help to see how they are implemented.
Even if I buy the authoring kit, I see no indication that I could look into .pkg files.
Am I missing a trick? Or is what I want impossible because of licensing?
MikeElkins is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 9th, 2018, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeElkins View Post
I see how I can use the editor to create modifications, but to know the names of the things I want to modify it would really help to see how they are implemented.
Even if I buy the authoring kit, I see no indication that I could look into .pkg files.
Am I missing a trick? Or is what I want impossible because of licensing?
You can see the source code of Savage Worlds.
You can see the source code of user-created systems like Alternity and Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space.
You can see the source code of user-created supplements like the community packs for Pathfinder and D&D 5E

As far as core content with a compiled system, like Pathfinder, you have a couple of different options.

Within the editor, you can copy certain elements to see how they're coded. You can use the "Copy" button to search for things within the editor, or you can use the debugging tools to find the names of things within an active portfolio.
EightBitz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 9th, 2018, 04:12 PM
You can get the source code to Savage Worlds, but all other game systems are hidden inside .pkg files for copyright purposes.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 9th, 2018, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
You can get the source code to Savage Worlds, but all other game systems are hidden inside .pkg files for copyright purposes.
Unless they changed it, 4e was also available. You can open them in a text editor. I believe the Savage Worlds files are in a folder named source, but the other game systems the source code files were not put in such a folder.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote