Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Parody

Old April 13th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydevil43 View Post
Most of my players use Ipads...
It already connects to HeroLab.
Realm Works, however, does not have an iOS version and is unlikely to have one given what they've said about a web client being the solution for non-Windows OSes. Also, from what I understand, interprocess communication is non-existent on iOS.

Last edited by Parody; April 13th, 2017 at 07:23 PM.
Parody is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 13th, 2017, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
I know some people really love play by post but in my attempts at it the length of even short adventures involved significant player attrition. However if you could get players to stick to it I'd think player edition would work amazingly well for play by post. The GM could reveal what ever was relevant to each post he made and sync afterwards. Each player could sync when checking the forums and therefore see the most up to date details of the realm.
For me it's more a matter of necessity if I want to keep playing with my old elementary school buddies - we're scattered across the States now. We get together for a long weekend once a year to play a face to face game, catch up, cook, eat and drink, which is awesome! Otherwise it's PbP for us.

PbP has also opened up new doors for me, and now I game with folks from all over the world. It does take an adjustment in expectations as far as game pacing.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old April 15th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Hi there!

I use the GM version for 2 games in which Iam the player.

Sometimes it distracts from listening, so actually I try to enter things I want to remember in afterwards. But a few times I got sloppy already.

And if I dont understand a name correctly its a bit of a hassle to ask again, so the quality is not that good.

But in general I like it.

Hindsight it might be too much work handling all this, needing to do even more entries in RW which distracts me from my own world building.

Its possible, good, useful, but I discourage GMs from doing it. Enjoy your game. Only make important notes

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old April 15th, 2017, 07:33 PM
I have used RW as a player for a couple of campaigns. The first was King Maker where we were doing a lot of mapping. Everything I entered was revealed and I invited everyone who had a copy of RW. I found it helpful to keep track of towns, dangerous areas that we needed to go back and clear, and people we met and where we met them. And it all linked to each other to make it easier to retrieve information.
ruhar is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 15th, 2017, 08:38 PM
The more someone tries to cram in every detail, the harder it is to use at the table as a player.

For Play-by-Post, where the player has plenty of time to pick out pictures and copy-paste text, it is much easier.

With that in mind, it may be better to take paper notes at the table, and copy those into RW between sessions -- rather than trying to create topics and type it all without slowing the session.
Silveras is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Happydevil43

Old April 16th, 2017, 04:32 AM
That's the plan.
Even the hand drawn maps I made I'll put in as pictures.

Hopefully it will help us remember stuff!
Happydevil43 is offline   #26 Reply With Quote