Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

JaeWalker

Old March 3rd, 2010, 03:26 PM
Is there a data pack or other file for the Rippers supplement? Silly me, I waited till the last minute to make a character.

Help?

Jae Walker
JaeWalker is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 7th, 2010, 12:13 PM
The alternate method used by Rippers for languages can be utilized via an option on the Configure Hero form. However, the Rippers content is not currently present due to the need to establish separate licensing arrangements with each Savage Setting author.

That being said, you can add whatever content you need pretty easily via the Editor. Or perhaps someone here has already done that and can provide you with the data files to drop into place?
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
JaeWalker

Old March 9th, 2010, 06:03 AM
I am finding the authoring somewhat opaque. I'm guessing there's a tutorial I haven't tracked down?

Thanks!
JaeWalker is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 10th, 2010, 05:34 PM
The first place to start would be the documentation. You can access info on authoring for Savage Worlds by clicking on the Help menu option within the Editor. From here, you can get details on using the Editor in general and access the wiki covering all the facets of the Savage Worlds data files. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask and we'll do our best to answer them. You'll also find another active thread here with someone else asking questions about the process, so keep an eye on that thread as well for potentially useful info.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 10th, 2010, 05:38 PM
One other place to look is older threads here on the forums that may contain useful examples that will illustrate how to achieve editing tasks. For example, the thread below details adding a new race with customizations to the data files:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=8797
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
JaeWalker

Old March 12th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Thanks, Rob - I'll dig around in those spots.

Jae
JaeWalker is offline   #6 Reply With Quote