Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

sbca1995

Old November 15th, 2007, 09:43 AM
I have a licensed copy of Hero Lab that I got for the purposes of using with WoD. I also had the WoD demo before that. I've installed the latest release which is currently 1.2c. I went to Help > About to confirm the version I'm running.

Questions:

1. I still see "WoD Preview" on the main menu, just like I did with the demo. Is this right?

2. When I go to Updates, it still offers v1.2c for me to download. Is the Update section just a generic list of available downloads? Or does HL act like Windows Update and check which version you're using and then selectively display which updates you need to download? If it's the latter, why am I prompted to download a version I already have installed?

3. I'm unable to get Cruac to 5 dots, even though I have the XP. I get an error, and then back at the purchasing screen, my XP price for Cruac 5 has now multiplied from the earlier XP price. Trying to purchase again gives same result: XP is now even more expensive. Is this a known issue?

4. Are Vampires, Ghouls, and Mortals the only templates offered in the RC?

5. When I try to register my license, the only system offered is d20, but I want to register my license for WoD. Why isn't WoD offered?

Thanks.
sbca1995 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 22nd, 2007, 01:09 PM
At 10:43 AM 11/15/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
I have a licensed copy of Hero Lab that I got for the purposes of using with WoD. I also had the WoD demo before that. I've installed the latest release which is currently 1.2c. I went to Help > About to confirm the version I'm running.

Questions:

1. I still see "WoD Preview" on the main menu, just like I did with the demo. Is this right?

2. When I go to Updates, it still offers v1.2c for me to download. Is the Update section just a generic list of available downloads? Or does HL act like Windows Update and check which version you're using and then selectively display which updates you need to download? If it's the latter, why am I prompted to download a version I already have installed?

3. I'm unable to get Cruac to 5 dots, even though I have the XP. I get an error, and then back at the purchasing screen, my XP price for Cruac 5 has now multiplied from the earlier XP price. Trying to purchase again gives same result: XP is now even more expensive. Is this a known issue?

4. Are Vampires, Ghouls, and Mortals the only templates offered in the RC?

5. When I try to register my license, the only system offered is d20, but I want to register my license for WoD. Why isn't WoD offered?

Thanks.
We have not received final sign-off from White Wolf yet. As such, the WoD files are still in preview mode and are not released yet. I spent more than an hour on the phone with White Wolf yesterday, and they promised we would receive sign-off early next week. So the WoD release should be official sometime next week.

As you noted, there is a step during the licensing wizard where you have to select the game system to license. Currently, the WoD release isn't signed off yet, so the only valid option is d20 and that's the only option listed.

If you have activated your copy of HL already, you activated it for d20. When the WoD files are released, then you will NOT have access to the WoD files in licensed mode. Due to the confusion among some users, we've set things up on our server to allow us to change the game system from d20 to WoD for users who request it. However, this will require users to contact support@wolflair.com after release of the WoD files to make the request. Also, this option will only be offered for a limited time. Once the change is made, the licensed game system tied to the license will become WoD instead of d20, granting full access to the WoD files and rendering the d20 files in demo mode. It will also be possible to purchase access to BOTH sets of data files. Details on this process will be outlined next week when the official release finally occurs.

The Updates list is a generic list of all available updates. However, if there is a newer version available of something, it will be flagged with a red exclamation point next to the name to highlight it. So it serves both as a list of everything AND as a list of what's new.

I just tried cranking Cruac up to 5 dots via advancement in the current RC. It worked fine for me. Odds are you are encountering a problem that was uncovered and fixed since the preview files were last updated for inclusion in V1.2c.

The initial release of the WoD files will focus on VtR and include support for 4 templates: Mortals, Vampires, Ghouls, and Ghosts. We'll be following up the VtR release with MtA, CtL, WtF, PtC, and potentially other add-ons. In addition, we expect to have support for other White Wolf IPs in the future, such as Scion and Exalted.

Hopefully, this answers your questions clearly. If not, or if you have additional questions, let me know and I'll do my best to answer.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote