Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 26th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Hi everyone,

I've fixed the various bugs reported in point cost calculations for the previous beta. If you're using it, please update to this new version and they should be fixed. (There were some other non-points-cost related issues that were reported which are not fixed yet, but they are on the to-do list to work on in the future.)

You can download the latest beta version of the files here:

http://www.wolflair.com/download/hp/mutants_beta.hl

Thanks! Please let me know if you have any problems.

Last edited by Colen; July 26th, 2010 at 12:10 PM.
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Send a message via MSN to atlarman Send a message via Yahoo to atlarman

Old July 26th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Colen-

I have a quick Hl question, Do all these betas (and heck updates period lol) overwrite the older versions of HL (I hope) or does it just continue to eat up drive space?
(Guess I should've asked this b4 now lmao)
atlarman is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 26th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Hi everyone,

I've fixed the various bugs reported in point cost calculations for the previous beta. If you're using it, please update to this new version and they should be fixed. (There were some other non-points-cost related issues that were reported which are not fixed yet, but they are on the to-do list to work on in the future.)

You can download the latest beta version of the files here:

http://www.wolflair.com/download/hp/mutants_beta.hl

Thanks! Please let me know if you have any problems.
Well, okay.....you asked for it.

First, Hurray! The one "Problem Child" character that had suddenly become over budget is now back to the correct cost.

Second, I see that the "mouse over" breakdown has been fixed for Saves: example the breakdown of WILL Save for a character that has a WIS of 8 now correctly shows Breakdown: Wisdom (-1), Enhanced Trait (+8) BUT mousing over the bonus for the Ability still shows Breakdown: User (+8) not Breakdown: User (-2). Same with a baseline Ability score of 10, that shows Breakdown: User (+10) instead of Breakdown: User (+0)

Only mentioning it in case it slipped through the cracks. Apologies if it's on the "To Do List."

As always, keep up the good work,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old July 26th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Huh... I had King Cole I statted up with an array of devices with powers. When I brought him back up, there was a validation error saying that the array settings were not valid, and there are some peculiarities like it showing an Array as the only power with no ranks containing Devices no ranks containing powers with no ranks. Unfortunately, I'd saved the file before noticing the change, but I can send the messed up file to you at least.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Foes of Freedom.zip (210.1 KB, 1 views)
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old July 26th, 2010, 05:03 PM
And opening up a file I made Friday night for my little brother yields the following:
Attempt to access non-live pick via script fails for pick 'pwUPArray'
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -
Attempt to access non-live container via script fails for container 'PowerHelp'
Location: 'finalize' script for Field 'pwhRankUsr' near line 4
- - -
Location: 'finalize' script for Field 'pwhRankUsr' near line 10
- - -
Location: 'finalize' script for Field 'pwhRankUsr' near line 14
- - -
Location: 'label' script for Template 'pwSumm' (in Portal 'lblSumm') near line 2
- - -
Attempt to access non-live container via script fails for container 'PowerHelp'
Location: 'label' script for Template 'PPTallyTtl' (in Portal 'title') near line 5
- - -
Location: 'label' script for Template 'PPTallyTtl' (in Portal 'title') near line 6
Attached Files
File Type: zip Patrick's Stuff.zip (7.3 KB, 2 views)
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old August 5th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Had this in a separate thread but thought it a good idea to put it in the v3.99 (beta) feedback.

I compared what the printed Play Aid Sheet says for the Helpless condition with the 31 Aug 2007 Errata from Green Ronin.

Currently the Player Aid Sheet says:

Helpless: +4 to be attacked in melee, no dodge bonus, -9/-5 to Defense.

I'll leave the question to each GM out there of whether or not the additional +4 bonus applies when an "adjacent" melee attacker uses a melee attack that has Extended Reach.

However, my reading of the Errata tells me that there isn't a distinction between if the incoming attack is ranged or melee. It's just a straight -5 to the "base 10" of DEF.

Therefore, I believe it should read:

Helpless: No dodge bonus, -5 to Defense and an additional -4 to DEF from adjacent melee attacks.

Additionally, I went to the Adjust Tab and clicked upon the Helpless condition and it simply removed all the additional bonus I had purchased for DEF on the Abilities Tab instead of just the Dodge Bonus.

As stated above, to be in accordance with the Green Ronin Errata it should also subtract 5 from the base DEF value of 10.

Only mentioning this to help ensure it doesn't get lost in the weeds with the preparations for Gen Con and the enthusiasm for M&M 3rd Edition.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old August 6th, 2010, 11:03 PM
I've just noticed some bugs/imprecisions regarding feats and the Super-senses options.

About feat many feats from supplements (especially Mastermind Manual) aren't marked as unique when they should be.

About Super-senses, many option (like counter illusion) are marked unique when they should be usually bought separatly for each sense type.
Woodclaw is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old August 7th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Minor thing... Right now, if you mouse over a power setting for a variable, it's maked as costing 1 per 2 ranks and a total cost of 1. Of course, power settings cost nothing at all, but it would fit in with default behavior for "cost of 0" for cost per rank and for the total cost, at least for display purposes.
Duggan is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Woodclaw

Old August 8th, 2010, 11:43 PM
One other thing I noticed, for some reason if I try to stack the Quickness or Speed part of Super-speed with an external source it doesn't work at all.
Woodclaw is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlarman View Post
Colen-

I have a quick Hl question, Do all these betas (and heck updates period lol) overwrite the older versions of HL (I hope) or does it just continue to eat up drive space?
(Guess I should've asked this b4 now lmao)
Whenever you download a new version of a game system, it overwrites the old one. So you don't have to worry about eating up lots of disk space with multiple downloads. New versions of the Hero Lab installer don't overwrite the old ones, but they're pretty small (8mb or so).
Colen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote