Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Shadowchaser

Old July 4th, 2010, 02:17 PM
I have been noticing some odd 'dropped' numbers in tradeoffs. I have a paragon with +16 Enhanced Strength, but only 25 Strength total, and she's only getting a Strength Bonus of +7 instead of +8. Her Attack tradeoff (+2, total melee attack of 12) should leave her with room for a +8 damage from her strength... so this is clearly a bug.

This character worked fine before the last couple of updates... I'm not sure which update caused the issue, but I'm at 3.8 now.

She's also got a Dexterity of 22, but it's showing as 22/21 and only carrying +5 down to my Reflex save and skills... what's going on?

Last edited by Shadowchaser; July 4th, 2010 at 02:25 PM.
Shadowchaser is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 4th, 2010, 10:09 PM
@ShadowChaser: ^_^ I am, of course, no one official (nor anyone of any consequence) but could you post your portfolio file, or at least the stat block, so we might look at it?

@Colen: I've also noticed a few other minor things. The Japanese Language is being spelled "Japnese" (although thank you for adding the other languages!). Minor, minor, cosmetic enhancement, but currently Nullifying Field of Nullify incorporates the range increases of Progression, Increase Area, but the actual Area Attacks are not. I was able to implement the fixes on my side readily enough (unfortunately, on the laptop I won't be able to connect to the Internet until Friday evening). Would it be possible to do the same on your side? If it would help, I can submit a .user file on Friday and/or post the exact steps to fix it here to save you the trouble of figuring it up on your own.
Duggan is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old July 4th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
@ShadowChaser: ^_^ I am, of course, no one official (nor anyone of any consequence) but could you post your portfolio file, or at least the stat block, so we might look at it?

@Colen: I've also noticed a few other minor things. The Japanese Language is being spelled "Japnese" (although thank you for adding the other languages!). Minor, minor, cosmetic enhancement, but currently Nullifying Field of Nullify incorporates the range increases of Progression, Increase Area, but the actual Area Attacks are not. I was able to implement the fixes on my side readily enough (unfortunately, on the laptop I won't be able to connect to the Internet until Friday evening). Would it be possible to do the same on your side? If it would help, I can submit a .user file on Friday and/or post the exact steps to fix it here to save you the trouble of figuring it up on your own.
Okay, I can't seem to get the problem to show up in the stat block (which is mercifully free of the errors), but when viewing the character in the program, it is still gorked. I wouldn't mind sharing the file, what would be a good method of sharing it? I could email, or if there's a way to post it (I'm not very good with web stuff) I'd be happy to take your advice on how to do so.
Shadowchaser is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old July 5th, 2010, 12:11 PM
The easiest way is to ZIP up a copy of the portfolio file and attach it to a message here. There's a paperclip icon on the posting (you may have to go into Advanced instead of Basic posting to see it) that you can click to attach files.
Duggan is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old July 5th, 2010, 02:34 PM
When the Power Drawback: Action (Power Switch) is applied to an Array....it isn't changing the Action on the Array from the normal "Free" to "Move", "Standard" or "Full" onscreen nor on the printed character sheet.

It IS lowering the cost. So it's working half-way.

If you want to say "well, an Array doesn't really have an action" that's true but I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking the normal (Free - Personal) meant (Slot change time - Range)

Now was that Range supposed to be the maximum distance or the range increment value?....sorry, couldn't resist.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Shadowchaser

Old July 5th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Okay, here's the character with the glitchy stats being displayed...

I've rebuilt the character with different stats and it didn't glitch on me, but every time I load this, I get the weird issues with numbers being dropped or displaying incorrectly as I mentioned earlier.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Miracle Girl.zip (8.1 KB, 9 views)
Shadowchaser is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old July 6th, 2010, 08:13 AM
It's a minor thing, but a discussion on the ATT led me to re-read the rules and on page 148 of the Core book, Constructs (and possibly only Constructs) having a 0 in Intelligence and Charisma are immune to mental effects and interaction skills and automatically fail checks related to those stats. They are still vulnerable to Will saves that are not Mental (modeling some kind of override by magic or technology perhaps) and one probably should be able to buy up the Will saves correspondingly (probably from -5 for the 0 ability score) to represent redundant sub-routines, TEMPEST hardening, and such.

There's a somewhat relevant discussion here as an ORQ answered by Steve Kenson. As per page 32 of the Core book, it looks like the Immunity to Mental effects happens with 0 Intelligence or 0 Wisdom, and Immunity to Interaction happens with 0 in Wisdom, Intelligence, or Charisma.

Eh, like I said, it's kind of a corner case... but I thought it worth mentioning.
Duggan is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 7th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowchaser View Post
Okay, here's the character with the glitchy stats being displayed...

I've rebuilt the character with different stats and it didn't glitch on me, but every time I load this, I get the weird issues with numbers being dropped or displaying incorrectly as I mentioned earlier.
Miracle Girl is set to "Winded" on the in-play tab, which gives you a -1 to strength and dexterity.
Colen is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old July 7th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Miracle Girl is set to "Winded" on the in-play tab, which gives you a -1 to strength and dexterity.
^_^ Speaking of, is there any easy way to quickly clear a group or an individual of their conditions without having to step into the Health and click off every condition? I occasionally run battles through the tactical console and it can get annoying getting everyone back in place.

And I still think it would be neat to be able to right click on one of the numbers like a skill bonus, save bonus, or attack bonus, and quickly roll a d20 against that number in the Tactical Console. It would save several steps in running combats.
Duggan is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 7th, 2010, 04:59 PM
I can definitely do a "reset all conditions" button for an individual; that's a great idea. Doing it for a group is more problematic, and might have to wait until we make some other encounter-related changes later.

Unfortunately there's no way for us to allow right-clicking on a skill bonus on the tactical console right now. Would it still be useful if you had to go to the Skills tab (or maybe just the skills summary panel) for a hero to do it?
Colen is offline   #20 Reply With Quote